Community_discussions_small  

Question

Backpacks and flying

5 May 2012 brooke7_ asked

Default_avatar

Hello!
I bought a backpack (Blackwolf Grand Teton) which has a detachable day bag attached to it by a zipper. Can you leave this attached to the back pack when you fly? Also my bag has a few loose straps and buckles (like most backpacks) which I have heard can get caught in conveyor belts etc. How do I avoid this happening? I was told you could put the backpack in a large garbage bag or something to stop this happening.
I am flying quite a few times when I am away and want to avoid my bag getting damaged.
Thanks! :)

• 6 May 2012 ExplorerJeff said

ExplorerJeff

I have the 2011 season 90 litre grand teton pack myself and it has a cover on the back which you unzip and cover your shoulder straps to prevent strap been caught in conveyor belts if your pack doesn’t have the cover then you can buy the Black Wolf travel cover which you put your black wolf travel pack in and zip it up and padlock before you check in your bags this will also cover your day pack which is attached to your pack if you don’t want to carry it with you on the plane etc. I have only seen this cover bag online so im not sure if you can buy it through any black wolf retail resllers or not but ebay or google black wolf travel cover bag and you should get a list of seller.

Hope that helps you.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.