Community_discussions_small  

Question

Should I go??

10 Mar 2007 rachy4187 asked

Default_avatar
Hi!!!
My name is Rachael and I'm a 20 year old female. I have been dying to go to Egypt for the longest time, but no one ever wants go because they all think it is so dangerous!!!

I'm not sure if I should go on one of these Contiki things alone. If you've gone on the Egypt tour alone, please tell me your experience and if you would go alone again!!

P.S. Do many ppl go on the Contiki tours as singles??
  • 12 Mar 2007 Darryl_Turner said

Default_avatar

You should definitely go. I went by myself in November with Contiki and it was one of the best times of my life. There were a lot of single people on my tour. Egypt is NOT dangerous, the only people that say that are the ones that have never been or are very closed minded people. It is an awesome trip you’ll love it and the tour guide Sherif is the best ever. If you are interested in pictures here is a link to mine when I went.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/556030048BJLbls

Enjoy

• 23 Mar 2007 ckamerer said

Default_avatar

I totally agree with Darryl. I did the Egypt and the Nile tour in January 2007 and did it by myself and it was my first Contiki. I was so nervous that I would not make friends and it would be awful and scary, but NONE of that was true!

Sherif is the best tour guide ever and you are definitely going to make friends. My roommate they paired me up with was the coolest and I have remained friends with people from the trip for sure.

Egypt is the most amazing place, filled with sights that are so surreal, stuff you never thought you would see in your life. I mean really, the pyramids? We just stood there in awe for like ten minutes before going inside.

Definitely do all the optionals, and breath it all in – it is truly an absolutely amazing place. You’d be crazy not to go and especially crazy not to just do it by yourself. You’ll be really glad you did! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 23 Mar 2007 Gryphon said

Default_avatar

Well, I’ve just gotten back from this trip and almost everyone on the trip were single travellers, male and female. It’s very safe in Egypt and the tour company takes care of everything, so shouldn’t have to worry.

• 24 Mar 2007 junior37991 said

Default_avatar

Let me ask you a question. Why not?

Yeah Egypt is close to the action but I have studied it a bit and all together it is not that bad. You should just do it because one day you might never get the chance to do it again.

I am on the 4th of August trip.

• 26 Mar 2007 Darryl_Turner said

Default_avatar

Plain and simple all those that want to do this trip do it NOW. The Egyptian government and others have been in talks and they aren’t expecting to keep access open to all of the Ancient sites. That pretty much means you can’t go in the Pyramids and stuff because over the years it has taken its toll on all the old structures and to preserve the momuments longer that means shutting down a lot of the cool things you’ll get to see. That is why I went last year.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion