Community_discussions_small  

Comment

WINTER WILD WESTERN - 22nd DEC 2010

5 May 2010 Nick said

Default_avatar
Hi!

Is anyone thinking of heading out on this tour?

I'm from Australia and tossing up the Dec 15 and Dec 22 departures!

I think Christmas at the Grand Canyon and NYE in Tahoe would be unreal!
  • 7 May 2010 brisse couple said

Default_avatar

Hi Nick… Im doing this tour! i was originally on the 15th December departure, but changed to the 22nd. the 22nd departure was only recently opened. Im the same thinking as you… would be great to spend christmas AND new years on tour… We were going to do New years by ourselves in Vegas, but would be much better in a group anyway… (aparently lake tahoe has a great party atmosphere etc)

23 yo from Brisbane Aust.

• 20 May 2010 Nick said

Default_avatar

Yeah, you’re right! NYE with a contiki crew in Tahoe should be awesome!

I’ll be going with the mrs..we just booked the 22nd Dec in this week, so we’re confirmed starters! Can’t wait!

(We’re from Brizzy too! It’s gonna be cold!)

• 24 May 2010 brisse couple said

Default_avatar

oh ok awsome! yep my partner and I are booked in! we are in the usa for 3 weeks before the trip starts doing LA, NYC, Chicago and New Orleans! cant wait! glad another brisse couple will be on there!

• 23 Jun 2010 ellew said

Default_avatar

I’m doing this one!

I’m going alone cos all my friends bailed last minute, but I’m still excited!

• 9 Jul 2010 Natasha said

Default_avatar

Hi all, I am looking at doing this one…22nd Dec. Going solo, but will be lots of fun. Looking at doing the LA explorer beforehand and NY explorer afterwards. Lake Tahoe sounds like lots of fun!

• 17 Jul 2010 Nick said

Default_avatar

Hey guys,

Somebody created a group for my last Contiki trip on Facebook which I thought was great, so I’ve made one for us!

Join up! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

http://www.facebook.com/group….8098159544661&ref=ts

• 21 Jul 2010 brisse couple said

Default_avatar

joined the group!!! does anyone have any plans before or after this tour? ill be doing a week in LA, NYC, chicago and New orleans…..

• 21 Jul 2010 Natasha said

Default_avatar

I am doing 3days prior to the tour in LA/Anahiem. Washing DC & NYC afterwards!

• 24 Jul 2010 ellew said

Default_avatar

Hii, joined the group!

I’m not sure what I’m doing before/after.
    I haven’t got any real plans yet, as I haven’t booked flights just yet (this week hopefully!!)

But because I’m going alone, it’s hard to decide what to do – I don’t want to run amok in the streets by myself! Hah

• 25 Jul 2010 Natasha said

Default_avatar

yeh im goin by myself and will be by myself before & after the tour. Plenty of ppl in the same situation, you never know some ppl may be going to same places before/after tour. Totally get the running amok part…It’s more the night times. Plenty of day tours to join anyways. Lots to see and do.

• 25 Jul 2010 brisse couple said

Default_avatar

Hi Natasha and explorer, ill be in LA two days prior to tour…. doing LA/NYC chicago and New orleans in the 3 and a bit weeks prior to the tour.

• 26 Jul 2010 ellew said

Default_avatar

Yeah, I should be there for a few days before hand – I didn’t want to start the trip jetlagged. Not sure what I’m doing afterwards though, still trying to work out how much cash I’ll have, such is life right! Hehe.

• 26 Jul 2010 Megan said

Default_avatar

Hi, yeh my friends bailed on me too so will be going solo so looking for a tour to do over chrissy and ny! This doesn’t look bad!! I’m from adelaide!

• 7 Aug 2010 kel said

Default_avatar

hey, i have just booked on this tour. I am traveling solo also. Im flying into LA a day before to avoid jetlag much like ellew’s plan. Not long now!!

• 8 Aug 2010 ellew said

Default_avatar

yup, booked flights and accom for before the tour, definitely don’t want to start jetlagged! i get there on the 20th, so have a few days to recover!

• 8 Aug 2010 Natasha said

Default_avatar

Yes I am the same. I arrive in LA on 19th so have a few days of exploring LA and surrounds pretour Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 9 Aug 2010 ellew said

Default_avatar

Yup I get there on the 20th. Are you staying at the hotel contiki leaves from or somewhere else?

• 9 Aug 2010 Natasha said

Default_avatar

For the 19th & 20th I will be staying at a hotel in Anahiem and then on the 21st (night before tour) I will be staying at the hotel in LA where the tours starts from. Yourself?

• 9 Aug 2010 ellew said

Default_avatar

I’m at the hotel where the tour starts from as soon as I get to LA, then after the tour probably staying somewhere in anaheim – i want to go to disneyland!! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 3 Nov 2010 brisse couple said

Default_avatar

Hi Ellew … Im staying at Kyoto Hotel before and after the tour also… not too long to go now Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion