Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Camping Tour or Concept

29 Oct 2006 paddywaddy said

Default_avatar
Hey all

I am planning to go on my first contiki tour next july, and wondering what one would be more fun to do, either a camping tour or concept.

Can anyone also tell me which tours are better to go on.

Patrick
  • 30 Oct 2006 chloe down said

Default_avatar

hi patrick

a girlfriend and i are going on the timeout tour, we figure that if we are going to travel all that way we may aswell pay the little bit extra and stay in the nice accom. but i mean if camping is your thing do the camping, or the concept is a mixture of bungelos and hotels do that. but again once i did the figures between all the different tours there wasnt much difference between all of them so we decided to stick with timeout

chloe

• 7 Nov 2006 Sarah Plummer said

Default_avatar

hey paddywaddy,
    concept for sure, it’s cheaper than the hotel tours, but your not slumming it like camping, you can pass out in a bed everynight.
    my best friend and i are doing the european escapade next july, we think we’ll be doing the one that departs july 11th.
    when that tour ends my friend lauren is headed home to australia and i’m off to do the 9 day egypt and the nile tour by myself.
    maybe we’ll see you round
    sarah

• 8 Nov 2006 smithyana said

Default_avatar

Definitely concept. I don’t really thing that its worth paying extra just to stay in somewhere a bit nicer, when you are in europe to experience it, not to sleep in nice hotels. I’ve done other Contiki tours and found in my experience that you really only sleep in your room, and the rest of the time you are out enjoying yourself! I do draw the line at camping though, only for the whole putting up and taking down of the tent! As to getting to know your fellow travellers, its up to you to do that, it won’t matter whether you’re staying in tents, cabins or hotels!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.