Community_discussions_small  

Question

Mykanos and Island Crusing vs. Spotlight on Greece

14 May 2012 TravelingNewbee asked

Default_avatar

Hi,

I'm trying to decide between these two trips. They're both 9 days long and roughly the same price. If anyone has been on either of these trips I'd love to hear your feed back so I can make a decision for which one I'm going on next month. Also I'd like to know how much you think I should bring for spending money for meals etc... Thanks!

• 15 May 2012 Explorer1201960 said

Default_avatar

Hi, I did Mykonos and island Cruising September 19th 2010. I had a great time overall..but I think I booked the wrong time to go. There were only 16 people on my tour, and it was very windy in mykonos. You have to be open minded about the cruise portion…you don’t get a lot of time on each island, and the cruise ship itself sucks haha. If you go during the high season (summer months) i am sure you will have a big tour group with lots of partyers so you will have a blast. I had the BEST time ever at the paradise tropicana beach bar in mykonos and I am dying to go back. I wrote a nice long review so have a look and let me know if you have any questions. I don’t remember how much I spent…I think the optionals were at least 200 euro and im am sure I spent at least 200-300 on presents and food. the cruise ship meals are all included so thats a plus. The food was pretty gross though. The shopping in Greece is great…lots of cute jewelry, crafts etc etc. Also…going to see the Ephesus in Turkey was AMAZING. I think it made the cruise ship totally worth it. I don’t know anything about the spotlight on greece tour…but I can tell you that you don’t need more than a day or 2 in Athens. Hope this all helps!
    http://travelpod.com/members/hms1987

• 2 Jun 2012 Explorer1129029 said

Default_avatar

is anyone doing the mykanos island crusing july 9 th ! i just boooked my trip any going let me know

• 15 Jul 2012 TravelingNewbee said

Default_avatar

I ended up going on the Spotlight on Greece plus 3 days Cruising. I highly recommend it. Our tour guide Justin was great. Very informative and accommodating. This tour was also a good mix of main land historical experiences and island beaching. Bring running shoes. And seriously, work out your quads these mountains are steep!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.