Community_discussions_small  

Question

Wild western august 2012. spending money

14 May 2012 john lavis asked

john lavis

My partner and I are wondering if anyone who has been on the wild western tour before and could give us some info on how much money we need for expences. eg. food and general day to day spending money.
Plus anymore info and tips for this tour would be great.

• 7 Nov 2016 lovies said

Default_avatar

So what did you experience in this place? How much money did you spend for this? – Gary McClure

• 8 Nov 2016 john lavis said

john lavis

This was a great tour. Had a Great experience
    As for the accommodation. As you might think. Contiki is a budget tour. But the majority of the places we stayed were great.
    Spending money. We were well over prepared on it. we took $9000US for 2 people and we only spent roughly $6000US for 2pp or $3000US for 1 and that also covered our opt, food and souvenirs plus a 4 day trip to Disneyland after the tour.
    Hope it helped. I would highly recommend this tour.

john lavis

We tried to do as many opt activities as we could. depends on what your into. If keen. pick the longer heli flight at Grand Canyon. worth the extra cost.

john lavis

Jeep ride was ok, Heli Flight was great, Alcatraz was ok make sure to buy tickets to this well in advance as its not included on tour. Bike tour in San Fran Was great. I could go on and on about it all, But our experience on this tour was great. especially as it was our first. Great tour manager & opt activities.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.