Community_discussions_small  

Question

Spending money NZ

15 May 2012 AlexG asked

AlexG

Hey
Just wandering how much spending money to take to NZ??? I amdoing the grand explorer auckland to christchurch for 15 days ..
Thanks

• 15 May 2012 Andrew Dalton said

Andrew Dalton

I’m looking at taking about 4 thousand dollars Australian. But I’ll also be getting paid whilst I’m there.

• 15 May 2012 AlexG said

AlexG

is that including doing a stack load of optionals included in that??

• 15 May 2012 Andrew Dalton said

Andrew Dalton

Yea it is but I won’t be doing Bungy jumping cos I’m terrified of heights.

• 15 May 2012 AlexG said

AlexG

ok thanks :)

• 15 May 2012 madisonmariah said

madisonmariah

Also looking at bringing 3500-4 thousand including opionals :) and I get paid the 2nd week :)

• 18 May 2012 AlexG said

AlexG

ok thanks … i get paid in the 1st week im there as well

• 18 May 2012 AlexG said

AlexG

ok thanks … i get paid in the 1st week im there as well :):)

• 10 Aug 2012 Explorer1084121 said

Default_avatar

depends how long you are going for and what you intend to buy and spend.Just don’t underbudget in case you want to do an activity which was not planned or plan to do additional shopping.

• 15 Nov 2012 Kayla said

Kayla

hey guys, if you don’t mind me asking, how did you go with spending money? i’m doing the big tiki in january and plan on spending the majority of my money on the optionals.. i was hoping to save $4000 as well. will that suffice for 3 weeks?

• 16 Nov 2012 AlexG said

AlexG

hey kayla the tour i did was for 2 wks and i ended up taking just over NZ$3000 and i JUST had enough (came home with NZ$3 lol) but i did a fair amount of the optionals, did a lot of shopping and did have a few nights of drinking … just depends on what you wanna do and what you are like shopping/drinking wise as well …. NZ$4000 should be more than enough but take more than you actually need then that way you wont get stuck with no money

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.