Community_discussions_small  

Question

RIO_CARNIVAL 2013

15 May 2012 IWILLEXPLORE11 asked

Default_avatar

Are they doing this trip next year? I don't see it listed or is it sold out?

• 31 Oct 2012 ddoneil said

Default_avatar

I just saw it on the tours. I searched for Rio and it was the first one that came up. I am really considering going!! It looks fantastic!

• 6 Nov 2012 tash said

tash

Hey there!

Potentially booking this tour to kick-off my South America trip =) There are many options out there, however Contiki seems to be the best value for your money. Does anyone know what section of the Sambadrome we would be in? G Adventures offer tickets in Section 9 (rather than the norm 12 and 13 often booked by tour operators) However it is an indepedent tour and much more expensive – Travelling solo so a little torn??

What are everyone else’s plans?

• 7 Nov 2012 Koren said

Koren

Hey Tash!

I’m going on this tour. 26/f/Syd travelling solo too. Coming off the Adventurer Tour and then joining on to this one. I shopped around and although still pricey, found Contiki to be the best value for money too. On my booking confirmation it says tickets are in Sector 4 if that helps. Hope so see you there!

• 7 Nov 2012 tash said

tash

Hi Koren! Thanks for your response, Sector 4 will be great!
    I confirmed this with my travel agent today so I will definitely be seeing you on the tour =) Can’t wait!!

• 7 Nov 2012 Koren said

Koren

Awesome! It’s gonna be so much fun. Join us in the contiki meet up room once you ‘check in’ online :)

• 3 Dec 2012 Surge20 said

Surge20

Hi All -

I am right on the cusp of booking this trip (I still have some things to work out with my job). I am extremely excited about going to Carnival as this is something that I have always wanted to do. I travel somewhat for work but I have never been anywhere is South America. Also I have never been on one of these tour company trips. I know each tour can be different, but can anyone share their past experience with Contiki. Thanks.

Ed, 29/m/Brooklyn NY

• 10 Feb 2013 Pania said

Pania

Where is the check in hotel? Stranded in santa clara already chexked out of my hotel. No details from contiki and no answer on their fone. Please help

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.