Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Egypt and The Nile Blog!

26 Dec 2010 gator717 said

Default_avatar
Hello fellow Contiki members.

After much typing, I have finally wrapped up my blog!! It is a very detailed blog recounting my awesome adventures in Egypt. I also created an email address to go along with the blog so everyone can email me their questions/comments. I will be more than glad to help out!!! Enjoy the blog. Smiler

http://gatorworldexplorer.blogspot.com/
  • 29 Dec 2010 Explorer1212572 said

Default_avatar

Thanks so much for this. I left two questions as comments on your blog

• 29 Dec 2010 gator717 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Explorer1212572:
    Thanks so much for this. I left two questions as comments on your blog

Hello. I posted a reply to both your comments on my blog but I will also post the replies here so everyone can know as well. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Question 1: What were other some good places to buy postcards on the trip?

In terms of postcards, the gift shop on the cruise boat had a really good selection of postcards so this will be the best place to stock up. Also, when you visit Abu Simbel, Sherif will give the group the opportunity to purchase a set of postcards with images from inside the temples. He will get the postcards from the vendors, all you need to do is give him the money (20LE/$3.50 USD). I highly recommend these postcards because 1) you can not take pictures inside the temples 2) these were very high quality postcards. They actually look more like photographs than postcards and come in a nice package.

Question 2: Did you have to tell contiki ahead of time that you were a vegetarian?

Egypt is a vegetarian’s paradise so you will have no problems finding something to eat. I told Sherif during the first group meeting I was vegetarian and from there he took care of everything. The meals in the cruise are all you can eat buffets and there is plenty of vegetarian friendly items. As for the meals you have in the restaurants, the waiters bring out different items such as rice, falafel, veggies, etc so you can pick which items you wish to eat.

Hope this helps! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 29 Dec 2010 Explorer1212572 said

Default_avatar

Thanks again! I loved reading your blog because I am a lot like you. Vegetarian, post card collector, and obsessed with Egypt. I have studied the history for years and can also read many hieroglyphs. I cannot wait for my trip-7 more months!

• 29 Dec 2010 gator717 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Explorer1212572:
    Thanks again! I loved reading your blog because I am a lot like you. Vegetarian, post card collector, and obsessed with Egypt. I have studied the history for years and can also read many hieroglyphs. I cannot wait for my trip-7 more months!

I hope you have a wonderful trip to Egypt and don’t hesitate to contact me with more questions!!

I love Egypt with all my heart and I already have a definite return trip planned for 2012 and it looks like I might also be returning in 2011. But for both trips I plan on traveling independently with a private tour guide. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 6 Jan 2011 Kim Ch said

Kim Ch

Hey! I’m def going to read your blog =)
    I went to Egypt in April 2010 and I did a blog myself.
    http://mschinhing.wordpress.com
    Check it out… under My Travels and they are the Yalla Yalla Habebi entries.

• 6 Jan 2011 gator717 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Kimberley:
    Hey! I’m def going to read your blog =)
    I went to Egypt in April 2010 and I did a blog myself.
    http://mschinhing.wordpress.com
    Check it out… under My Travels and they are the Yalla Yalla Habebi entries.

Hello. Thanks for sharing your blog! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I read through them and it sounds like you had a great time! What I find amazing is how different each tour is. We seemed to have visited the same places but many at different days/times. And I just noticed that Contiki changed their Egypt itinerary; I’m not to fond of the changes in that they removed Saqqara from places to see!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.