Community_discussions_small  

Question

Anyone interested in Berlin to Budapest 10/19/12

18 May 2012 NYGiantsFan asked

Default_avatar

Hello, I am thinking of doing the Berlin to Budapest tour on Oct 19th, probably traveling solo or with a buddy of mine. Anyone interested in booking this tour please let me know

• 26 Jul 2012 Marisol said

Marisol

I’m planning on going on this tour but for the following week’s departure on 10/26/12. Have you booked your trip yet?

• 26 Jul 2012 NYGiantsFan said

Default_avatar

No not yet. Probably will do it sometime in August. Are you traveling solo?

• 27 Jul 2012 Marisol said

Marisol

Yes. So excited. Can’t wait!

• 27 Jul 2012 NYGiantsFan said

Default_avatar

So you are all booked for the trip? Are you doing anything else before or after the trip?

Marisol

Not quite yet. But hopefully by next week will have everything finalized. Unfortunately, I don’t have enough vacation days saved up to do much else before or after. It’ll just be the tour this time.

Default_avatar

Well that sucks that you don’t have enough days. Especially because even though they claim its 12 days the trip is actually 10. I’m thinking of extending the stay in Budapest by a day or two and than taking an overnight train to Zurich for another 3 nights

Marisol

I know, it sucks. But I have taken those travel days into account. If anything, I may extend 1 more day in Budapest to rest before the long trip back to CA. Enjoy! And please check back in after your trip and give me some tips!

Default_avatar

Well we still might end up on the same trip since the 19th is not set in stone. I think it’s always good to find out people you might be traveling with

Marisol

Definitely. Well, keep me posted on what you decide. Hopefully we’re on the same tour. Cheers!

• 8 Aug 2012 Marisol said

Marisol

Trip is booked. Its official. I’m going on the 10/26 tour!

• 8 Aug 2012 NYGiantsFan said

Default_avatar

Sweet. I’m leaning towards the 10/26 one also since it saves me two vacation days because of holidays. I might wait though until its a definite departure which they say it becomes automatic when its 45 days or less before the departure.

Did they provide you with hotel info and/or itinerary?

• 14 Aug 2012 Marisol said

Marisol

FYI… the 10/26 tour got cancelled —> I’m booked for 11/9 departure now.

• 14 Aug 2012 NYGiantsFan said

Default_avatar

well that sucks…I’m not sure if I will be able to take those days =0(

how come you didn’t go for the 10/19?

• 22 Aug 2012 Marisol said

Marisol

=/ I can’t get the days off of work to leave on the 19th. Nov9 was the best I could do. It’ll be cold… but still AWESOME! Have you decided on your trip yet?

• 22 Aug 2012 NYGiantsFan said

Default_avatar

What my plan is I will wait until the trip becomes a last minute deal which is about a month before and I will book it than. They have one for 9/21 with a $325 discount so I figure middle of September they will have one for the 10/19/12 trip

• 22 Aug 2012 Marisol said

Marisol

true… but whatever discount they give you on the tour, you’re going to end up paying in the airfare… just a thought.

BTW… they gave me a similar discount for having to reschedule my tour to 11/09. =)

• 23 Aug 2012 NYGiantsFan said

Default_avatar

you got a good point there but I don’t forsee the price going up by more than $100 between now and mid-September besides it will almost be free because I will use points on my credit card

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Top Discussions

Discussions Details

Last response about 2 years

This question was posted about over 2 years ago. It has been discussed 17 times.

1 person is following this discussion.

• Marisol

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.