20 May 2012 jarks asked

Default_avatar

Anyone else on this tour?!

• 27 May 2012 jarks said

Default_avatar

Anyone?

• 8 Jun 2012 Peter said

Peter

Hey! I might be on this, bit worried it’s not confirmed departure yet!

• 8 Jun 2012 jarks said

Default_avatar

It’ll only be a confirmed departure if more people book it!

• 8 Jun 2012 Peter said

Peter

Join people! What are your plans before/after the tour? I’m considering NYC Uncovered

• 8 Jun 2012 jarks said

Default_avatar

Well I’ve been to NYC twice before (and am actually going back for Christmas!), but the two friends I’m going with haven’t so they’re doing 6 nights and I’m doing 3. Just doing our own stuff really. Definitely get into the Thanksgiving spirit too with some Parade action.

Afterward, 3 nights in Anaheim, 2 days at Disneyland then Hollywood for the last day.

• 10 Jun 2012 Peter said

Peter

Oh awesome! Completely forgot about the parade and Thanksgiving in NY should be fun! I wanted to do the tour LA – NY but I think it will work out better the other way around now.

• 10 Jun 2012 jarks said

Default_avatar

NYC-LA is much better because of:

• -Thanksgiving in NYC;
    • -Black Friday sales during the first few days of the tour (think Boxing Day sales x1000);
    • -Final night of the tour being in Vegas;
    • -Flexibility of spending more time in NYC at the start of the tour than if it were at the end and you wanted to be home by Christmas.
  • 10 Jun 2012 Peter said

Peter

Sounds amazing to me! Well i’m all booked, hope to see some more people in here soon.
    Vegas is going to be crazy.

• 10 Jun 2012 jarks said

Default_avatar

Very exciting! Did you book on your own or with others? Oh, and don’t forget to join the meetup.

• 10 Jun 2012 jarks said

Default_avatar

On this tour? Fantastic!

• 10 Jun 2012 Peter said

Peter

Yeah I have no idea how to join the meetup because the website still thinks i’m going on the old tour I changed from haha.
    Yep booked on this tour! Arrive in NY 6 days before the tour, probably just going to explore around myself. Not to sure what to do at the end of the tour, have about 6 days before my flight home. Part of me wants to head up to San Fran and do a bit more exploring but also want to stay in LA and bum around in Anaheim near Knott’s Berry and Disneyland just to relax and see the parks!
    I’m on my own for the first time, finally ditched my mates they were becoming a pain when travelling!

• 10 Jun 2012 jarks said

Default_avatar

Well like I said, my friends and I will be in Anaheim for 3 nights after the tour (including the night of the last day of the tour) and friends who have been on this tour have said a lot of people do that.

IMHO, LA isn’t that worthwhile apart from the theme parks (the theme parks are AWESOME), but San Fransisco is fantastic, so I definitely recommend getting up there for 2-3 nights if you can!

• 11 Jun 2012 Peter said

Peter

Awesome – sounds good.
    So do you know of anyone else on this tour? Is there a FB group or something? (since I can’t get into the meetup)

• 11 Jun 2012 jarks said

Default_avatar

I only know the two friends I’m going with. I don’t think there’s a FB group yet, and I cant be bothered creating one haha! Not many people have joined the Meet Up yet which is scary.

• 11 Jun 2012 Peter said

Peter

Still got over 5 months to go so it better fill up! I’ve got my flights booked! Will you guys be keen on seeing some sports over there?

• 11 Jun 2012 kalli said

kalli

wohoooooooooooo! :) cant wait until we go!!

• 15 Jun 2012 Peter said

Peter

Just checked the site and it’s a definite departure now :)

• 15 Jun 2012 kalli said

kalli

FACEBOOK GROUP! (Contiki grand southern NYC-LA nov 23rd 2012)

• 26 Oct 2012 SUSAN said

Default_avatar

Hello! I’ve literally just booked this tour as a very last minute decision! I’ve requested to join the fb group above, hope that’s ok?! Looking forward to meeting u guys :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.