Community_discussions_small  

Question

Croatian Island Cruising Sept 7 anyone?

21 May 2012 JacobF asked

JacobF

Why wife and I are heading to Croatia to do some Contiki island cruising!
Anyone else on here going at that time?

• 13 Jun 2012 kako9 said

Default_avatar

hey guys, if you haven’t already booked I would probably recomend doing Sail Croatia instead – its exactly the same tour (run by the same people) but about $400 cheaper. I did this contiki tour and it’s awesome fun but I felt a bit annoyed when I found out how much we got ripped off

• 13 Jun 2012 JacobF said

JacobF

We did already book, but they had a special on at the time so we saved more than enough to make up for the 400. Thanks for the heads up though

• 16 Jun 2012 Custody QT said

Custody QT

Hello Jacob,
    My friend and I are doing this tour also…coming from Los Angeles…what about yourself/

• 16 Jun 2012 JacobF said

JacobF

We’re coming from Toronto, Canada. We’re going to be in Split a day earlier than the tour calls for and staying a couple blocks away from the hotel we’re all staying for the first night before we take off sailing. We’re staying a extra night when we arrive back in split after sailing too. Have you and your friend booked flights yet?

• 16 Jun 2012 Custody QT said

Custody QT

Yes, we’ve booked, but we’ll actually be coming from Scandinavia and Rome prior to Split. We arrive around 7 PM on the 7th.

• 27 Jun 2012 LDC2012 said

LDC2012

Hey Jacob. My sister and I will be taking this same cruise and will be arriving in Split two days early and leaving two days after. I have been looking around for accommodations that would stay within our budget and was wondering if you had any suggestions seeing as you and your wife had already booked one??

• 7 Aug 2012 Cbgoncalves said

Cbgoncalves

Hey guys, i just booked the Croatian Island Cruinsing Sept 7, Coming alone from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil , and I also will be a day earlier in Split.

• 9 Aug 2012 JacobF said

JacobF

Hey LDC sorry I for some reason only saw your post now. We’re booked into HOTEL GAJETA, it was a decent price for the accomodations, proximatey to the water, and to the hotel I believe Contiki puts us on for friday night. I found it on HOTEL.COM. You can search hotels for Split Crotia, then when it comes up wtih a list, at the top right corner just under the website’s red banner there’s a link that says “show map”, and I found that to be really helpful in finding a place in our budget, and in the area we wanted.

you folks should join the facebook group if you haven’t already http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/215475681908098/228469553942044/?notif_t=group_activity

• 9 Aug 2012 LDC2012 said

LDC2012

Hey Jacob! Thanks for the response! I have been trying to check out the FB group but the link isn’t working for me.. Any chance you could send me a friend request to the group through Facebook? My email is ldchirichiello@yahoo.com.. Thanks again!

• 10 Aug 2012 JacobF said

JacobF

Hey LDC, I can’t invite you to the group without having you as a friend, so i sent you a request. As soon as I get it back I’ll add you onto the group. Do you know what boat you’re on? Apparently there’s two leaving on the same day

• 11 Aug 2012 Andy said

Default_avatar

My brother and i are going on this cruise coming from newcastle australia. Is that facebook group the group of people going on the cruise? If so could i get added to it?

• 17 Aug 2012 LDC2012 said

LDC2012

Hey Jacob! I got your friend request. Sorry it took me so long. I’m not sure what boat I’m on.. I got my packet from contiki but couldn’t find anything that indicates which boat?

• 20 Aug 2012 Jacqueline said

Jacqueline

We only have 2 weeks you guys!!! Get excited!!! ! I’m going 2 days early and staying an extra night after the cruise, not really sure what my plan is. This is my second Contiki trip and I can not wait! … I requested to join the FB page as well =) Can’t wait to meet all of you!!!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.