Community_discussions_small  

Question

Debating what season is the best to travel in.

23 May 2012 PiaJ asked

Default_avatar

Hey guys, I'm debating whether to do contiki tour across Europe either halfway through my Uni degree in July next year so it's not too cold or should I do it after my degree next Christmas? Just debating whether to do it at Christmas because I was looking at the tour I'm going to do and it said some activities aren't available in winter.

Figured this was the best place to ask cause most of you have gone on a tour.
Help!

• 26 May 2012 ExplorerJeff said

ExplorerJeff

i would say the best time for travel around europe would be in the summer months as its the busiest time in europe so your guarantee to get the best experience in europe as well everything is usually open or available as with winter as its the low season for europe some places will not be open nor be available but in saying that travelling through europe in winter is also amazing so you would have to weight up what you want most out of your trip and that should help you answer your question.

• 6 Jun 2012 Megan said

Megan

It really depends what kind of weather you’re comfortable in. I went in mid-May, and the weather was a tad chilly for me in both London and Paris. I would imagine that late May/early June would be perfect, but that’s just my opinion. Lots of people like going in the middle of summer (July/August) because it’s really hot, but I think that would make it uncomfortable to be walking around and sightseeing. Europe can get very cold in the winter months (December/January/February), and it’s the “off season”, so there won’t be as many activities going on. Plus I think a lot of places close earlier in the winter. So I’d definitely say early summer would be the best time to go – that’s when I’m planning my next trip! :)

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.