Community_discussions_small  

Comment

I have some questions...

10 Apr 2007 mella_d said

Default_avatar
Hey there all, i am doing the european highlights tour starting june '07, and i was wondering a few things. first, i really want to go to disneyland in paris, but there is nothing about it in the extra activities, so was wondering if anyone knows, can it be done? also i want to take my video camera, and was wondering what the go is with plugs to recharge. do u need to purchase converters? or what do u need? if so, where can u purchase these from.
thanks guys, hope everyone is having a lovely day Smiler
  • 10 Apr 2007 ~*Alex*~ said

Default_avatar

hey, i’m doing the highlights too, but in July Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I’m not sure about disneyland.

Yes, you will need to get an adaptor, and maybe a convertor too. Check the plug on your camera recharger, and it should say how many volts it is. I think if it has 2 voltages (eg. 120-240) then it means it can be used in europe without a convertor…hmm, someone might need to clarify that!!!

You can get converters/ adaptors from strandbags, and i would assume you can get them at places like Tandy or Dick Smiths…I got double adaptors from Strandbags and they were $19.95 each…

• 10 Apr 2007 PinaI said

PinaI

You only have one day in Paris so to see the entire city and Disneyland too is probably not going to happen (without you killing yourself)!

My best advice would be to spend your time in Paris seeing Paris and then, if you can, stay in London for an extra couple of days either before or after your tour and take a day (or two-day trip) trip back over to Disneyland.

You can get the Eurostar from London’s Victoria station, which takes about 2hrs to get to Disneyland for less than $AUD100.

Alternatively, there are always deals around online which means you could get the train and 1 night accommodation for about $AUD200 – still a bargain if you ask me.

I went to Disneyland in the States and unfortunately, although I had booked 3 days there I was really sick with bronchitis and a chest infection once I actually got there so only spent about 4hrs, total, at Disneyland. Because of that I am hanging to go back and if I was in your situation, where it would only cost a little more to go there for a day or two I would definitely do it!

Check here for more: http://destinationsen.eurostar.com/sisp/index.htm?fx=location&loc_id=155905

EDIT: Oh, and Alex is right about adaptors – you need to get a world adaptor that way you can charge anything almost anywhere!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.