Attention all Forum Users.
We’re working on a brand new shiny tool to make your experience as simple as possible.
Which means the community forums is now read only whilst we work on a new & improved ‘My Contiki’ space.


Visas for Australia

5 Jan 2008 Mike18901 said

You need a visa for travel to Australia - either an electronic visa if you are from the UK, USA, France etc or you need to apply to the Australian High Commission in your country with a paper application.<BR><BR>If you are eligible for an electronic visa - you can apply for an ETA (Electronic travel Authority) for 3 months stay in Aus.<BR><BR>Another option is to apply for a Tourist visa, Subclass 676 which allows you to stay in Aus for 3 - 12 months but you can't work.<BR><BR>The Working holiday visa is valid for 12 months and starts from the date that you arrive in Australia. It allows you to work for one employer for up to 6 months. Also, you can get a second working holiday visa if you worked in an agriculural or horticultural position for more than 3 months (eg. fruit picking) during your first 12 months.<BR><BR>Also, you can apply for a student visa to study for a qualification in Australia. You can apply online electronically if you are from an eligible country and if you have a confirmation of enrolment certificate from the Aussie University or College. If you are not eligible to apply electronically, then you need to apply to the Australian High Commission.<BR><BR>You can apply for these visas directly from the Department of Immigration or from our website:<BR><BR><A HREF="" TARGET=_blank></A><BR><BR>If you have any detailed questions, then send us an email or call the number below:<BR><BR>Phone: 0207 193 2327<BR>
  • Read the responses 1 response so far
  • 13 Feb 2012 baba-boy said


    Apart from the above mentioned 1stcontact is also a good visa agency. we used their services when my mum wanted to go to australia. 1stcontact

We are no longer accepting new responses to this discussion thread.

More Discussions



Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.