Community_discussions_small  

Question

10 day Turkey & Greek Island Odessey 15th August?

29 May 2012 Freyr asked

Default_avatar

Anyone else going? This will be my first contiki tour. Very excited.

• 29 May 2012 Gem said

Gem

there is hardly anyone in this discussion forum

• 29 May 2012 Freyr said

Default_avatar

Ah thanks.

• 16 Jun 2012 Stacey said

Default_avatar

i am! i cant wait. ill be going with my friend claire as well :)

• 27 Jun 2012 Ural said

Default_avatar

Considering going!

• 29 Jun 2012 Ange said

Ange

i’m also considering this tour……
    is anyone getting to Istanbul a couple of days earlier or staying after the tour in greece?

• 29 Jun 2012 Ural said

Default_avatar

Possibly staying in Istanbul an extra night prior. There is to much to see and do in just one day!

• 30 Jun 2012 Gem said

Gem

Ange, my friend Megan and I are getting to Istanbul on the 14th August so that is a day earlier. Then we will be staying in Athens on the 24th and 25th and then off to island hop on the 26th.

• 30 Jun 2012 Ange said

Ange

Ok thanks
    I’m trying to decide whether to stay in Greece afterwards or head elsewhere
    Thanks for your response!

• 30 Jun 2012 Gem said

Gem

are you doing the tour?

• 30 Jun 2012 Ange said

Ange

I haven’t fully confirmed but I’m pretty sure I’ll be on this tour.
    Gem……are u staying at the President hotel in athens?

• 1 Jul 2012 Gem said

Gem

I cant wait to go on this tour! haha …is the president hotel the contiki hotel?

• 1 Jul 2012 Ange said

Ange

I believe it is the Contiki hotel. I would rather stay at the same place everyone is.
    Not many ppl on this forum…. Hope there are many others doing this tour.
    Any chance I can chat to u thru email or Facebook. Looks like anyone can read this.

• 1 Jul 2012 Gem said

Gem

sure! look me up on fb..Gemma Bucholtz.
    When you book a contiki and you register there is something called the ‘contiki meet ups’…so far there is about 6 people who have checked in… it is still a little while away so I would not be worried just yet.

• 3 Jul 2012 Andrea_B said

Default_avatar

Hi everybody! I’ll be on this tour as well. I’ll be in Istanbul from August 13th (I booked 2 pre-nights at the Contiki hotel) and I’ll be staying in Athens until the 26th (not in the Contiki hotel, I chose another one in the Plaka area to make it easier to visit the city). Yes that’s true… not many people visit the Contiki forum so don’t worry… there will be many more people doing the tour than those you’ll find on the web before the departure. See you all soon, should be a great tour :-)

• 4 Jul 2012 Andrea_B said

Default_avatar

I’ve just created a new group on Facebook for our tour (I couldn’t find another one). So if you want to join, you can find it at https://www.facebook.com/groups/337796036299863/ (it’s called “Contiki Turkey & Greek Island Odyssey 15th August 2012”). It’s a closed group so only the members will see the posts.

• 5 Jul 2012 Ural said

Default_avatar

Nice work!! Just sent my request.

• 5 Jul 2012 Gem said

Gem

you are so organised!

• 5 Jul 2012 Ural said

Default_avatar

For those who have received them, how long did it take for the contiki wallet/pack to arrive?, I leave the country in just over 2 weeks and only booked this tour yesterday. Hoping they arrive before I’m out.

• 15 Jul 2012 Ange said

Ange

any females gonna be in Istanbul 2 nights prior to the contiki and have booked a room? Just sussing out if anyone is interested in sharing a double room? private message me if interested.

• 24 Jul 2012 Becs said

Default_avatar

Hey everyone I’m bec I’m on this tour too! I’m heading in from Perth, Western Australia . Hope to see you all there. I get into Istanbul the day before the tour starts

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion