Community_discussions_small  

Question

Best of USA tour September 20, 2012 (start in L.A)

31 May 2012 SarahG asked

SarahG

My friend and I booked into this tour last weekend.. we are getting pretty excited and the contiki tells me its 112 days till the tour starts. Is anyone else on here doing this tour? Would be great to start chatting with some people before we go. Were also staying the night of the 19th at the Kyoto. Would love to hear from people booked into or considering this tour plus anyone who's done it before.

• 3 Jun 2012 NicolaC said

NicolaC

Hi!! I’m going on this tour too!! I’m also staying at the Kyoto on the 19th as well.

• 3 Jun 2012 SarahG said

SarahG

Hi Nicola, good to hear from you..make sure you join the meetup page before we go too. Are you travelling solo? Or with people? Where are you coming from? That’s fantastic, will be good to say hey and chat before the tour starts…a friend of mine is coming too, should be alot of fun!

• 4 Jun 2012 NicolaC said

NicolaC

Hi Sarah, Yea am travelling on my own so good to know someone before I leave. I am from New Zealand. Where are you from? Yeah will be alot of fun!! Am looking forward to it. :)

• 4 Jun 2012 SarahG said

SarahG

Hi Nicola, that’s cool.. yeah it will be great to know people the night before, closer to we could set up drinks or dinner or something. I am from Australia, so close haha. Looking forward to finding out who else is going to be on our tour too…

• 6 Jun 2012 NicolaC said

NicolaC

Yeah that’d be awesome!! Oh haha cool. Yeah me too sooo exciting!!! Have you done a Contiki before?

• 8 Jun 2012 Clare407 said

Clare407

I’m on this tour too! going with a friend. so excited the countdown has started!

• 8 Jun 2012 SarahG said

SarahG

Sounds good, I’ve heard Teddy’s at the Roosevelt Hotel is cool, we could do drinks there. Sorry for the late reply Nicola! Busy few days, I haven’t but I’ve heard good things from my friends who have been. This is my first overseas trip- I have always wanted to travel but. What about you? Hi Clare, that’s exciting! Time will fly by, will you be in L.A the night before? Where are you coming from?

Clare407

I’m from Brisbane.. yeah staying the 19th at the Beverly Garland Holiday Inn, then staying an extra 3 nights in New York after the tour

• 8 Jun 2012 SarahG said

SarahG

Oh that’s great! Well we’ll let you know if we do anything the night before and you’re welcome to join. Can’t wait to get on the plane and start this adventure!

Clare407

sounds lovely! are you flying out from Sydney? and do you know what airline?

• 8 Jun 2012 SarahG said

SarahG

I am :) flying out 130 pm on vaustralia. Get to L.A 1030 the same day. What about you?

Clare407

I’m on the same flight!!

• 8 Jun 2012 SarahG said

SarahG

Haha really? That’s so funny, this could be awesome!

• 11 Jun 2012 NicolaC said

NicolaC

Hi Sarah sounds great. Yeah I did a contiki in 2010 was alot of fun and great experience! Looks like a few of you will be leaving from Sydney so that’s cool.

• 11 Jun 2012 SarahG said

SarahG

Hey, its meant to be an amazing bar/club even just a drink there would be cool… people like Marilyn used to drink there and apparently it is done up to look very old Hollywood! That’s awesome? What Contiki trip did you do? Yeah so funny we are on the same flight? You’re flying out from New Zealand right?
    http://www.thompsonhotels.com/hotels/la/hollywood-roosevelt/explore-hotel/main

• 13 Jun 2012 NicolaC said

NicolaC

wow sounds amazing will check out the website! thanks :) I did eastern discovery from New Orleans to New York. Yeah flying from Auckland. I arrive at 12.55pm.

• 30 Jun 2012 SarahG said

SarahG

No worries, what did you think? Sorry for the late reply Nicola!Busy few weeks, how was the eastern discovery? Cool, we get there about an hour and a bit after that :)

• 5 Jul 2012 NicolaC said

NicolaC

Hey oh wow it looks amazing really wanna go there!!! No worries I’m not fast at replying either. It was awesome loved New York it was snowing so will be good to be there when it’s warmer. OK sweet. Not long now time is flying by!!! :)

• 6 Jul 2012 SarahG said

SarahG

pretty cool isn’t it! I am so excited to go on this trip! I am trying to work out phone/sims, money-how to take it etc at the moment …

• 7 Jul 2012 NicolaC said

NicolaC

Yeah totally!! me too it makes going to work seem not so bad. Oh yep kinda tricky those things aye. It’s just been in the news here about people coming home to ridiculous phone bills after being overseas. I’m only on prepay so I don’t have to worry bout that luckily.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion