Attention all Forum Users.
We’re working on a brand new shiny tool to make your experience as simple as possible.
Which means the community forums is now read only whilst we work on a new & improved ‘My Contiki’ space.


International Drivers Licence to hire a vespa/moped

28 May 2008 Danni said

Hi, I am wanting to hire and ride a vespa/moped in Europe, particularly Italy and Greece.<BR>Can anyone please tell me if i will need an international drivers license to do this?
  • Read the responses 4 responses so far
  • 28 May 2008 MJ said


    You do not want to drive in Rome! Its crazy. Greece isn’t much better. Think of it as driving in LA or downtown sydney. there are lines on the roads but it doesn’t mean much to these people. A 2 lane road will easily turn into a 4 lane road and they don’t signal or anything. Practice driving on side streets those scooters can be tricky if you aren’t use to them.

  • 28 May 2008 Cyphus said


    ohhhhhhmg….. I’d like to get one too.. grin

    Eh. I don’t have my full license yet.. ..Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

  • 28 May 2008 le tour said


    I ride a sports bike and have lots of mates who do in sydney. They’ve been to italy and greece and wouldn’t get on a bike there, advising me to avoid it. If you do, ride defensively.

We are no longer accepting new responses to this discussion thread.

More Discussions

Related Discussions

Discussions Details

Last response over 9 years

This comment was posted about over 9 years ago. It has been discussed 4 times.

4 people are following this discussion.

  • Default_avatar
  • Default_avatar
  • Default_avatar
  • Default_avatar



Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.