Community_discussions_small  

Question

Hotel - Oktoberfest 29th September

4 Jun 2012 Karratha_Guy asked

Default_avatar

Hi Guys,

Looking at booking the Hotel version of the Oktoberfest 29th Sep - 4th Oct.

Got a few questions :) Never done anything like this before so should be interesting trying something different.

I would be starting in Munich as a mate and myself are traveling from Paris a couple of weeks earlier and making our way to Munich then off on a Cruise around the Mediterranean :)

Anyone know what hotel you stay in? just want to see whats around it etc!

Also for anyone who has done one of these tours before....what happens? do you get dropped off every day or just walk?

• 13 Jun 2012 Sarah&Tenielle said

Sarah&Tenielle

We’re doing this Tour ! Have you booked in? Oh and sorry i cant answer any of your questions! It can all be a surprise :)

• 20 Jun 2012 Danika said

Default_avatar

Hi Sarah and Tenielle im doing this tour aswell :-)

• 21 Jun 2012 Sarah&Tenielle said

Sarah&Tenielle

how exciting- i have only heard good things about Oktoberfest- We are going a Tour with contiki around Europe first then finshing with Oktoberfest – Im coutning down the days- feels like this month is going on for ever!

• 21 Jun 2012 Danika said

Default_avatar

Im doing a tour before hand aswell the london, paris and amsterdam one. It’s getting exciting not long now. Where are youse from?

• 21 Jun 2012 Danika said

Default_avatar

Im doing a tour before hand aswell the london and paris plus amsterdam one. It’s getting exciting not long now. Where are youse from?

• 24 Jun 2012 Sarah&Tenielle said

Sarah&Tenielle

We are doing the Ultimate European plus Greek Islands. 45 days- going to be exhausted. We have a week in london before Oktoberfest to sleep haha! We are from Norfolk Island – A tiny Island of east coast aus.
    Its come round so fast – still have so much saving to do haha!

Have fun on your tour and see you in Germany!!

• 28 Jun 2012 Maik said

Maik

I live in Munich.
    You will have heaps of fun here. And if you get homesick there’s a small Aussie bar in the city centre. :-)

Prepare to carry lots of cash with you, they just increased the beer prices for this year. ;-)
    " A Mass" (Bavarian for the huge 1 litre glasses) costs around 9.10 – 9.50 € on the Oktoberfest 2012.

Ask me any question you may have about Munich or Oktoberfest.

• 4 Aug 2012 Chanel said

Default_avatar

Hi guys,
    I am doing this tour too! I’ll be in london for a few days before. This will be second contiki tour! can’t wait!

• 6 Aug 2012 EFade said

Default_avatar

Hi Everyone! My friend Margaret and I are going on this trip! We will be in Prague, Amsterdam and London before! Does anyone have good recommendations for a hostel/hotel in London? We are SO excited!

• 12 Aug 2012 Danika said

Default_avatar

He guys nice to meet youse, where are youse from? Not long now

• 17 Aug 2012 Chanel said

Default_avatar

hi danika! i am from albuquerque, new mexico, usa. i know right, it will be here before you know it!

• 22 Aug 2012 Danika said

Default_avatar

Are you doing any tours before oktoberfest?

• 2 Sep 2012 Chanel said

Default_avatar

no, i am doing any tours before hand..not long now!

• 4 Sep 2012 Danika said

Default_avatar

Not long now im going from Amsterdam (previous tour) so ill meet u at the hotel in germany. See you than :-)

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.