Community_discussions_small  

Question

Reserving museum tickets?

7 Jun 2008 Kat asked

Default_avatar
Hi.

I'll be going on the Simply Italy tour on June 18-29, and I've been doing loads of research on what I would like to do during my free time. I've come across the must-see sights, and for some of the museums, like the Uffizi, Accademia, and the Vatican, they recommend that you book tickets in advance. I was considering doing this, but then I keep thinking about it and what if we hit massive traffic on our way to Florence, for example, and we arrive later than thought and I lose my reserved ticket? Have people reserved their tickets? Do you recommend it for some sights versus others? Do people on Contiki tours tend to reserve their tickets, or just go with the flow? Do you think I'll have a problem getting into museums and the sort? I know that when I was in Paris 3 years ago, we arrived at the Louvre at 9am to stand on line and we didn't have to wait too long. Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated!

Oh and any further recommendations on what to do with my free time would be great...I want to get the most out of this trip.

Thanks!

Take care.

-Kat

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.