Community_discussions_small  

Question

Considering booking my first Contiki..

7 Jun 2012 Kristof asked

Kristof

Hey all,
my real dream is to go and visite the USA some day,
And now that i lost my girlfriend its maybe the time to do things instead of dreaming them.
but i'm still doubting on making that step, i've never traveled alone and i'm sort of a shy guy..
is it really worth to make the step? some convincing would be welcome..

thnx all

• 7 Jun 2012 Hesson said

Default_avatar

Hi…
    Ive just booked my 1st Contiki to Thailand…From the Uk…So im a bit nervous but also excited! Never been travelling on my own like this before so it will be different.
    I think its worth doing, you only live once and you should enjoy it

Craig

• 8 Jun 2012 Nicole said

Default_avatar

you should definately do it!
    I’m doing the best of usa tour my myself in september and there are heaps of others in that tour travelling solo so you’re definately not alone :)

• 8 Jun 2012 Kristof said

Kristof

thnx guy’s..
    much appreciated.. maybe i’ll do LA to the Bay then, somewhere in late september..
    the best of usa tour looks nice to, but thats expensive isn’t it?

• 8 Jun 2012 Nicole said

Default_avatar

yeah it is quite expensive but only cause you flight from city to city rather than getting a bus, so worth it though :)

• 8 Jun 2012 kate said

Default_avatar

Hey it’s worth doing I did my first through Europe last year and I’m going again in sep but I too am very shy and I found that it did so much for my confidence and it’s a great experience

Kristof

hey kate,
    well thats one of the reasons i’m willing to take a contiki instead of doing things alone,
    Europe is nice, does the tour take you trough belgium?

• 8 Jun 2012 kate said

Default_avatar

Im going to the USA this time but I loved Europe and hope to get back there soon I would love to see belgium and greece this time. And I found contiki a good way to go because you have a lot of choice and you can choose to go it alone or with people.just remember it your holiday do what you want to.I am hoping that I get the same if not a better experience thi time.

Kristof

jup belgium, the capital heart of Europe..
    its nice, but don’t expect to much.. especially the weather, it sucks over here :p
    what tour are you doing?

• 9 Jun 2012 kate said

Default_avatar

I’m doing the grand northern and the la explore

• 9 Jun 2012 AdamD said

AdamD

come on the best of usa in feb 2013. start in LA. me and my girlfriend are going.. we are looking to meet new people and have a great time.

• 10 Jun 2012 Brad said

Brad

Hey, I have done 5 contiki tours before by myself and had a fantastic time on each. Just booked another tour in America next year. Contiki is a great way to explore other countries and you will make great new friends along the way. Well worth doing

• 13 Sep 2012 simon said

Default_avatar

Hi there
    I have just finished my dream tour of the usa and wished i had done it when in my twentys.You see awsome places but whats even better is the friends that you make go and book your trip dont wait

• 26 Sep 2012 Dan99 said

Default_avatar

Hi. I agree completely with Brad and Simon. I’m sure any Contiki USA would be great (I’ve done 2 this year). If you can budget for it, I would definitely recommend the Grand Southern in the warmer months – you will have the time of your life! Don’t however join a tour or leave midway – I did the first half of the Grand Southern and it was the hardest thing to walk away in New Orleans whilst all my new friends travelled on to New York.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.