Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand Southern LA-NY 25th April 2013

11 Jun 2012 Gregory685 asked

Gregory685

Hello All

I was just wondering if anyone else is doing this tour in April next year?

This will be my 4th contiki tour, but my first American one. Im looking forward to meeting some new people and having a great look around the USA!!

Im also following this tour up with the Grand Northern departing NY on the 24th May 2013, if any one else is the doing same thing.

Cheers Greg

• 28 Dec 2012 Butterfly_Princess said

Butterfly_Princess

I found the hotel for pre accomodation and its fully booked :( wonder if someone has a bed they want to share hahah jokes. Ill have to stay at one close by

• 28 Dec 2012 Nic23 said

Nic23

Awesome!!! I at the Edison I think in New York… Have you got luggage sorted?? I have my min bag and a matching cry on thing but I don’t know if I’m allowed to take that haha and I think I’ll need them both cause I’m a big shopper

• 28 Dec 2012 Nic23 said

Nic23

Ohh that sucks but I’m sure you won’t be too far away!!! We could all catch up the night before or something so we don’t look so lonely waiting for the bus haha…

Butterfly_Princess

Lol its a lil too early for my luggage to be sorted haha but I just have a large suitcase and then my handbag :) that sounds like a great idea i’d definately be up for that!

• 28 Dec 2012 Nic23 said

Nic23

Lol it is early I’m just trying o get as much sorted as I can cause I’m generally a last min person lol i just read that you can’t ake bags with wheels onto the bus with you so looks like ill be shopping for another bag lol

Butterfly_Princess

I took bags with wheels last time in nz and they didnt say anything.

• 28 Dec 2012 Nic23 said

Nic23

Ohh really!!! Well maybe ill wait until its closer and see what others are doing.. Lol ahh this is soo exciting!!!!

• 28 Dec 2012 Raynor said

Default_avatar

I’ll be doing to tour aswell, first time to the States and first time doing Contiki. nice to speak to you all :-)

• 28 Dec 2012 Nic23 said

Nic23

This is my first contiki and trip to he states too…. Where are you from??

Default_avatar

Im from Sydney, Australia and soon to be 21 lol…im so excited to go and glad to hear others are travelling alone too. Im so excited i cant wait lol :-)

• 28 Dec 2012 Nic23 said

Nic23

That’s awesome… What are your plans before and after the tour?? When are you 21?? Such a good birthday haha

Default_avatar

Im 21 in 3 weeks lol excited about that. Im staying 4 night before in LA travelling around deff doing DISNEYLAND lol, than im staying 7 night in NY after travelling around checking out NY wbu? :-)

• 28 Dec 2012 Nic23 said

Nic23

I fly in on the 13th and I’m going to Miami and Orlando for basketball and a look around then back to la for 6 days before I think and 5 nights in New York after and then 3 nights in San Fran then home =) I think Disneyland is a must lol

• 28 Dec 2012 Nic23 said

Nic23

I fly in on the 13th and I’m going to Miami and Orlando for basketball and a look around then back to la for 6 days before I think and 5 nights in New York after and then 3 nights in San Fran then home =) I think Disneyland is a must lol

• 28 Dec 2012 bec8589 said

bec8589

I have so much to catch up on haha. The Contiki accommodation is Doubletree Hilton downtown LA. When i tried look at prices to stay there is was booked out, but i asked my travel agent about it and she had a look and apparently the max you can stay there is two nights before the tour. So I have my first night in a hotel near the airport because its close to Venice beach so I can have a look around there, then the next two nights Im going to the Doubletree. Im looking at doing some Hollywood tours too. I did one by myself last time and I felt odd because I was the only person who wasnt in a group- usually doing things on my own doesnt bother me, but i dont know… I think id like to have a tour buddy with me next time haha.

As for Luggage, Im taking a suitcase. Id say its about medium sized. Not too big, not too small. I could probably take a bigger one if i wanted to, but i dont want to be lugging it around everywhere, like between the bus and where ever we stay. Im also taking my handbag and another backpack/carry on bag because I have type one diabetes so I have to take a bunch of medical stuff as well :( haha. I think the issue with taking bags with wheels onto the bus is that there isnt really much room to store them, like on a plane they have the overhead lockers, but on the bus I dont think the space up top is big enough for them to fit. Im with you Nic- Im usually a last minute person too, but i love travelling so much, I could pack today haha!

• 28 Dec 2012 Nic23 said

Nic23

I think I could actually pack today I’m looking at loathes already lol… My luggage is on lay by at the moment I just don’t know what o do about the carry on bag now… From what remember its not too big but maybe I’ll email them with measurements and see if its ok or something… I want to take it cause its a matching set and I like it but if I can’t I can’t I guess but if I already have it on tour will they stop me getting on the bus with it? Lol

• 28 Dec 2012 Nic23 said

Nic23

And bec ill do some tours with you if you like lol I don’t want to do them alone either!!!

Default_avatar

Lol have my luggage already and like Bec said mine is medium sized too…i dont usually mind doing thungs alone either, but i think having someone to share the experience with is good, so ill do soke tours with you bith too…im so excited now getting to speak to you guys lol :-)

• 28 Dec 2012 Nic23 said

Nic23

Haha me too!!! If you scroll up the conversation my Facebook link is up there feel free to add me =)

• 28 Dec 2012 Gregory685 said

Gregory685

Hello everyone. I usually take a backpack when I go travelling, plus a small carry on bag. I have only seen a couple of times in the past on Contiki where someone has been told there bag is too big or too heavy. They were made to take items out and leave them behind. This was on a European tour. Sometimes it depends on if the tour is full as well. If its not full you can usually get away with a bit more stuff.

There is only 117 days to go until the tour starts. :) I’m like most people here this will be my first to the states. Getting excited :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion