Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand Southern LA-NY 25th April 2013

11 Jun 2012 Gregory685 asked

Gregory685

Hello All

I was just wondering if anyone else is doing this tour in April next year?

This will be my 4th contiki tour, but my first American one. Im looking forward to meeting some new people and having a great look around the USA!!

Im also following this tour up with the Grand Northern departing NY on the 24th May 2013, if any one else is the doing same thing.

Cheers Greg

• 28 Dec 2012 Gregory685 said

Gregory685

I just created a group on Facebook.

Contiki grand southern la – ny April 25th – may 20th.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/465206136850408/

• 28 Dec 2012 Butterfly_Princess said

Butterfly_Princess

I wish I could take a backpack but I have recently had back surgery :( so I cant have anything directly on my back so its a suitcase for me! So they better not tell me to leave me stuff behind!

• 16 Jan 2013 Hannah said

Hannah

Hi guys,
    just stumbled on this post now – me and one of my girlfriends are all booked in for this tour!
    we are from Perth :)

CANT WAIT!

• 16 Jan 2013 Gregory685 said

Gregory685

Hello Hannah.

Welcome to the group and tour :) That now takes the total of Perth people to 4. I’m also from Perth. So cant wait until April. :)

Gregory685

You and your friend should join the facebook group. We have even more people from the tour on there. :)

Hannah

Awesome, I’ve just joined the fb group :)
    This will be my second contiki tour – so excited! I did one in Europe a couple of years ago and it was fabulous!
    Best way to travel.

Qhere is everyone staying before contiki starts?
    Myself and Annie are arriving in LA on the 20th April -we are thinking of staying in Santa Monica..
    We are also in NYC for a week after contiki finishes :)

This is also our first time to the USA!!

• 16 Jan 2013 Butterfly_Princess said

Butterfly_Princess

hi hannah. im staying at redondo beach which is right near Santa Monica in this flash as place hahah. most are staying here there and everywhere in LA. In NYC most of us are doing a tour together on the 21st which is called the Manhattan Experience. It’s pretty cool!

Hannah

awesome, thanks for that :)
    what have you guys got planned in LA before the tour starts?
    also, what is the contiki hotel called?

• 16 Jan 2013 Butterfly_Princess said

Butterfly_Princess

well myself and raynor are heading to universal studios and stars homes on the 23rd and on the 22nd most of the girls are heading to LA INK and the Kardashian Store :) not sure about the boys think they are doing sporting stuff lol.

Gregory685

The Contiki hotel is called the double tree by Hilton. But I think it is all booked out. I’m staying in central Hollywood before the tour, but have 2 nights at the Contiki hotel before it starts. I’m also arriving on the 20th. Who are you flying with?

• 17 Jan 2013 Hannah said

Hannah

Awesome, thanks for that :)
    are you both staying in the contiki hotel in NYC?!

• 17 Jan 2013 Butterfly_Princess said

Butterfly_Princess

i am staying in the heart of the gay precinct! Im sooooo excited! the hotel is gorgeous!

• 17 Jan 2013 Gregory685 said

Gregory685

I am staying in the Contiki hotel in NYC after the tour for another 5 nights. As I’m starting another Contiki tour from that same hotel.

• 19 Jan 2013 dantheman said

Default_avatar

hello everyone, myself and 2 other friends are joining the tour but only the first half :(( we are all from Perth and like everyone else looking forward to meeting you all .

• 19 Jan 2013 bec8589 said

bec8589

Welcome!! You should join the Facebook group!! Lots of stuff going on there :)

Default_avatar

Thanks Bec. I sent a request already , just waiting to be accepted ;)))

• 19 Jan 2013 Butterfly_Princess said

Butterfly_Princess

hi dan nice to meet you :D man no queenslanders still!! :( haha

• 19 Jan 2013 Gregory685 said

Gregory685

Hi Daniel. Just added you to the Facebook group. That now takes the total of Perth people to about 7 I think.

Default_avatar

Hello Kristy and Greg

I am sure some queenslanders will join . Thanks for the add Greg . I guess I will chat with you both soon on Facebook

• 10 Feb 2013 scargill said

Default_avatar

Hey Guys!
    I’m Sarah from Sydney…doing the Southern Adventure so getting off in New Orleans :) Think I have the worst travel agent as I haven’t received any information about this tour even though I booked last November! Feeling super under prepared and frustrated now that I have found the forums so hopefully you can all catch me up!
    Getting into LA on the 24th in the morning so only have one day to see the city!
    First contiki and doing it solo but more excited than nervous :)

Feel free to add me to facebook – Sarah Cargill – and we can chat!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.