Community_discussions_small  

Question

Optionals in NZ

12 Jun 2012 AlexG asked

AlexG

Hey
I was wandering with the optionals, can you pay for them all at once or do you have to pay for them as you go along?
Thanks

• 13 Jun 2012 AussieExplorer2012 said

AussieExplorer2012

i believe as we go along

• 13 Jun 2012 nikjenn said

nikjenn

On my USA trip, we paid at the end.

• 14 Jun 2012 Jen_au said

Jen_au

Because of the length of the NZ tours, I’d say you’d pay them all at once, the TM will tell you when. Possibly it might get split in two (like one payment for the south island optionals and one for the north if you’re going to both) but I reckon it’d be more likely to pay them all at once. When I did NZ contiki it was on about the 4th or 5th day

• 21 Jun 2012 AlexG said

AlexG

ok awesome :) itd be great to pay for them like one payment for the south and one payment for the north… thatd b good … its a 15 day tour that im going on

• 21 Jun 2012 AussieExplorer2012 said

AussieExplorer2012

awesome thx for the tip Jen!

• 19 Jul 2012 zoejanaye said

zoejanaye

i did the grand explorer in may.. and our payments were split between the north and the south.
    if you’re doing the same tour i did, you’ll notice that there’s different people getting picked up and dropped off throughout the trip because NZ dont get the numbers like europe etc, and they combine them all together.
    we didnt pay for the north island activities until about day 3, as our tour manager had to link up the eftpos machine, and also, it was the same day we had new people join, so i guess it was easier for him to do it all at once. and the north island was pretty much the same.

• 10 Aug 2012 Explorer1084121 said

Default_avatar

you pay your north in the north island and the south somewhere.I have done Insight in the UK the year before Contiki NZ and from memory the payments for that were done in either Scotland or Wales BUT I guess the concept would be rather similar.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.