Community_discussions_small  

Question

The Adventurer - 2nd March 2013

16 Jun 2012 whatsername asked

whatsername

My friend (M/25) and I (F/26) just booked this tour! So excited for it.
Anyone else also booked on this one??

• 27 Jul 2012 Candice_RSA said

Candice_RSA

I am (F/25) !! Can’t wait ! :D

• 9 Aug 2012 Melanie Weaver said

Default_avatar

I’m booked!! Where is everyone from?? I’ll be 28 in October and i’m from Adelaide.

I’m also booked on the Galapagos Islands tour just before this tour.

• 10 Aug 2012 whatsername said

whatsername

Hey Mel. My name is Gemma and I’m from the Gold Coast and my friend Is from Sydney. There is also some more friends (who are a couple) on the tour with us who are from Melbourne. Galapagos will be great lucky you. I couldn’t get enough time off work for that one (we all did a 45 day Europe Contiki last year). I just want it to be time to go already!!

• 27 Dec 2012 Rich2012 said

Default_avatar

Hi everyone!

I’m Richard from Melbourne and I will be booking one of the last remaining spots for this tour. Haven’t done a Contiki before and contemplated travelling alone but have decided on this tour. Has anyone booked their flights yet? If so how much have you paid/been quoted?

Cheers!

• 28 Dec 2012 whatsername said

whatsername

Hey Richard! Not long to go now. I paid around $2900 for flights (I think). Can’t remember exactly off the top of my head. We fly with Qantas/LAN Chile (code share) Sydney/Auckland/Santiago/Lima.
    Contiki is so much fun! Did a European tour last year and had the best time!!

• 1 Jan 2013 Melanie Weaver said

Default_avatar

Hi everyone. I booked my flights with my travel agent back when i booked my tour in April. They cost me about $3400 but that is to fly Adelaide – Sydney – Santigao – Guayaguil (start of Ecuador & Galapagos Islands tour) then Quito – Lima for The Adventurer tour and then coming home is Rio – Santigao (via Sao Paulo) – Sydney – Adeliade os lots of flights involved. I’m flying a mix of Qantas and LAN flights.

How much spending money are people planning on taking?? I already have some US dollars for Ecuador and some to change into the local currencies for Peru, Argentina and Brazil once i get there. I will wait for the Contiki pack to see how much the optionals cost.

A friend of mine did this tour in about September 2012 and gave me some tips on what optinals were good, money and other stuff.

• 1 Jan 2013 Rich2012 said

Default_avatar

Hi Melanie!

What was the feedback on the trip from your friend…enough time in each area etc etc, total money spent etc.

Any info would be awesome!

Cheers!

• 1 Jan 2013 Melanie Weaver said

Default_avatar

If you give me your email address i’ll forward you the email. There was lots in it so i won’t post it here. My email is melanieweaver@hotmail.com

• 3 Jan 2013 Rich2012 said

Default_avatar

What’s everyones plans once the tour finishes in Rio? Going straight home or staying on?

I’m planning on a few more days in Rio then heading up to Colombia and back to Lima.

• 18 Feb 2013 MKnight said

Default_avatar

Hi all!

I’ll be on this tour as well! I’m 21 and from Alberta, Canada. Anyone getting to Lima early? I’ll be there on February 28th staying at our first hotel of the tour.

• 8 May 2013 roryschultze said

Default_avatar

This looks like so much fun!

• 26 Sep 2013 bobbris said

Default_avatar

Can someone on this trip please tell me how much spending money is needed to do alot of the extras and have a few nights out

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion