Community_discussions_small  

Attention all Forum Users.
We’re working on a brand new shiny tool to make your experience as simple as possible.
Which means the community forums is now read only whilst we work on a new & improved ‘My Contiki’ space.

Question

Thai Island Hopper East 08 Sep 2012

20 Jun 2012 Claudz asked

Claudz

Hey guys!
Is there anyone out there doing the Thai Island Hopper East tour?
I am doing this alone, and wanting to know who my travel buddies are... I am really excited, and nervous all at the same time!
As mentioned before, I will be doing this alone, and this will also be my 1st international trip EVER!
Just FYI, I am from South Africa, would be awesome to meet peeps from all over!

• Read the responses 9 responses so far
  • 25 Jun 2012 Tbone_RSA said

Default_avatar

Hi

Also from RSA. I am deciding between this one and following one. Im sure it will be a blast. Enjoy. If i confirm booking will let you know. Which airline u planning to use? Seems all stop at bangkok (assuming you from JHB)?

• 26 Jun 2012 Claudz said

Claudz

Hi there!

Thats soooo awesome! I actually cannot wait to get out of SA and into paradise for a bit (not to mention a whole new look at partying), hehe!

Well I am from Cape Town, will be flying with Qatar Airlines with a stop at Jhb via Doha via Bangkok… So its quite a bit of travelling for me, but I dont mind it at all – plus they offer the best prices.

It will be my first international trip, hopefully the 1st of many to come.

Which airline are you looking at using?

• 26 Jun 2012 Tbone_RSA said

Default_avatar

Cool stuff. Did u book already? Im trying to go on one with a full moon party. i hear that is the ultimate.

i think i might fly emirates, but will shop around a bit. did you book directly with airline.

• 26 Jun 2012 Claudz said

Claudz

I also wanted to get myself on a full moon, or at least a half moon party… but I had to work around my work schedule… which doesnt fall around that time :(…

I booked directly with Contiki, and they booked it for me… flights and everything… I got another quote from a travel agency, but they price was like R5000 than what I was quoted by Contiki.

• 3 Jul 2012 Gayle said

Default_avatar

Haha – looks like its all South Africans on this tour. Myself and my boyfriend are on this and hopefully a friend from the UK. Join the group on meetups if you have booked on this tour :)

• 22 Jul 2012 Stef said

Default_avatar

Just to be different, I’m on this tour and I’m from Australia :) Claudz, I think you’ve picked a fabulous place for first overseas trip!
    I’m also travelling alone, I look forward to meeting you!

• 4 Aug 2012 Andres83 said

Default_avatar

Hi guys – I’ve just booked myself for this tour and can’t wait to get there. I’m from Brisbane, Australia and flying solo for this one. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

• 10 Aug 2012 calisoulla said

Default_avatar

hello everyone!! Hope everyone is well I am also booked to do the east island hopper on sept 8 :) I am from las vegas Nv, :-) and this will be my 3rd contiki first time going to asia. I will be arriving a day early on the 7th is anyone else traveling a day early? Can’t wait to be out in the islands having the time of my life with everyone :) i think we will miss full or half moon partys but i think they will have a jungle party going on :)

• 10 Aug 2012 calisoulla said

Default_avatar

also traveling solo :)

We are no longer accepting new responses to this discussion thread.

More Discussions