Community_discussions_small  

Question

Thai Island Hopper East 08 Sep 2012

20 Jun 2012 Claudz asked

Claudz

Hey guys!
Is there anyone out there doing the Thai Island Hopper East tour?
I am doing this alone, and wanting to know who my travel buddies are... I am really excited, and nervous all at the same time!
As mentioned before, I will be doing this alone, and this will also be my 1st international trip EVER!
Just FYI, I am from South Africa, would be awesome to meet peeps from all over!

• 25 Jun 2012 Tbone_RSA said

Default_avatar

Hi

Also from RSA. I am deciding between this one and following one. Im sure it will be a blast. Enjoy. If i confirm booking will let you know. Which airline u planning to use? Seems all stop at bangkok (assuming you from JHB)?

• 26 Jun 2012 Claudz said

Claudz

Hi there!

Thats soooo awesome! I actually cannot wait to get out of SA and into paradise for a bit (not to mention a whole new look at partying), hehe!

Well I am from Cape Town, will be flying with Qatar Airlines with a stop at Jhb via Doha via Bangkok… So its quite a bit of travelling for me, but I dont mind it at all – plus they offer the best prices.

It will be my first international trip, hopefully the 1st of many to come.

Which airline are you looking at using?

• 26 Jun 2012 Tbone_RSA said

Default_avatar

Cool stuff. Did u book already? Im trying to go on one with a full moon party. i hear that is the ultimate.

i think i might fly emirates, but will shop around a bit. did you book directly with airline.

• 26 Jun 2012 Claudz said

Claudz

I also wanted to get myself on a full moon, or at least a half moon party… but I had to work around my work schedule… which doesnt fall around that time :(…

I booked directly with Contiki, and they booked it for me… flights and everything… I got another quote from a travel agency, but they price was like R5000 than what I was quoted by Contiki.

• 3 Jul 2012 Gayle said

Default_avatar

Haha – looks like its all South Africans on this tour. Myself and my boyfriend are on this and hopefully a friend from the UK. Join the group on meetups if you have booked on this tour :)

• 22 Jul 2012 Stef said

Default_avatar

Just to be different, I’m on this tour and I’m from Australia :) Claudz, I think you’ve picked a fabulous place for first overseas trip!
    I’m also travelling alone, I look forward to meeting you!

• 4 Aug 2012 Andres83 said

Default_avatar

Hi guys – I’ve just booked myself for this tour and can’t wait to get there. I’m from Brisbane, Australia and flying solo for this one. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

• 10 Aug 2012 calisoulla said

Default_avatar

hello everyone!! Hope everyone is well I am also booked to do the east island hopper on sept 8 :) I am from las vegas Nv, :-) and this will be my 3rd contiki first time going to asia. I will be arriving a day early on the 7th is anyone else traveling a day early? Can’t wait to be out in the islands having the time of my life with everyone :) i think we will miss full or half moon partys but i think they will have a jungle party going on :)

• 10 Aug 2012 calisoulla said

Default_avatar

also traveling solo :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion