Community_discussions_small  

Question

Anyone doing Grand Southern - start LA Dec 13th

21 Jun 2012 Emma asked

Emma

Hey is anyone booked in for the Grand southern Start LA December 13th 2012? only 6 months to go! :)

• 26 Jun 2012 Emmadelo. said

Emmadelo.

Hi Emma . I’m Emma too .And I’m booked on this tour too .not long to go now very exciting . Are you staying in LA before the tour ?

• 26 Jun 2012 Emma said

Emma

Hey Emma! :) i know, how exciting is it!! im going with my sister, are you traveling alone? Have u done a contiki before?
    Yea we’re going to be in LA from the 8th i believe then also staying on in New York for a week after.
    169 days to go! :)

• 27 Jun 2012 Emmadelo. said

Emmadelo.

Oh wow that’s awesome you guys are going together. Yep im going alone i’ll be in LA from the 4th. Hopefully i can meet up with some of you guys from the trip before hand, i really want to go to some of theme parks in LA.
    Its sooo Exciting… :)

• 27 Jun 2012 Emma said

Emma

yeaa, we are gonna try to pack as much into the couple of days we have there before hand. we want to do some theme parks, and also the Alcatraz night tour too! Are you from Australia? We live in Adelaide :)

• 29 Jun 2012 Katherine said

Katherine

Hey Emma (Emmadelo), I’m the other Emma’s sister :)

That so awesome that you have so much time in LA before the contiki, what else are you looking at doing besides the Theme Parks? Cause I am heading back to LA couple weeks after the contiki finishes & i am looking for some ideas of what to do!!

Emma has our dates a little wrong we are going to be in San Francisco from the 7th and then fly into LA on the 10th.
    What we wanna squeeze in our 2 and a bit days is…
    Warner Brothers Studio in the Afternoon on the 10th
    Disneyland on the 11th (I am told that you need a full day cause the don’t get back till late, 8pm or so I think)
    Then Universals Studio on the 12th before we meet the rest of the group that evening.

So where are you staying in LA??

• 4 Jul 2012 Emmadelo. said

Emmadelo.

Hey Katherine :)
    I am also from Australia and currently i live in Brisbane. You guys sound so organized with your trip.
    I’m looking at going to disney land a few days before our trip hopefully when we all meet up at the hotel there will be a few interested people to go.
    I’m hoping to go to san Fran too hopeflly i can grab a cheap flight there and have a look around for a few days.
    I havent really booked any LA accomadation yet except the two night before the tour with everyone else, but i’ll probably just be staying in backpackers, they have really cool tours and free shuttle buses to alot of the attractions hopefully i can make a few friends there. Where are you guys staying in LA?
    Your so lucky to be getting to go back to LA for more time that will be awesome..
    Its getting so close yay.
    :)

• 8 Jul 2012 miss.stephanie said

Default_avatar

hey emma (from adelaide), me and my bestie are on this tour and we’re both from adelaide too! (although i currently live in perth) where abouts in adelaide are you?

• 13 Jul 2012 Meelya said

Meelya

Hi all! I’m going to be in LA beforehand too from the 8th onwards… want to have 2 days at disney and 1 day at universal… I’m keen for the universal trip on the 12th, if you’re keen for people to tag along :) Are you guys all doing the grand southern? I leave at New Orleans, am only doing the ‘southern adventure’ so will just be along for the first half of it :(

• 17 Jul 2012 Emmadelo. said

Emmadelo.

Im so Keen for Disneyland and Universal…I’m going to try and do a bit of exploring in LA and see places like Venice beach if anyone else is keen to come exploring . Is anyone else looking at doing universal in Orlando ? i want to see the Harry Potter world .
    Has any one booked accommodation in NY yet? i just booked mine i’m staying at the HI Hostel its massive, cheap and only two blocks from central park i’ll be there for about 10 days i think so hopefully i will have a chance to see everything.

Its pretty exciting only 149 days to go
    :)

• 17 Jul 2012 Katherine said

Katherine

OMG, I am have heaps of trouble uploading a reply lately. Werid!!

Hey Emma!

Yeah I guess we are, mainly because we want to make the most of every second we have over there!!
    So much to see, so little time, LOL!!

I have been told that you need like 3 days to see all of Disney Land, so maybe I might head back there when I return to LA in January!! Would definitely love to try and get a group together to head out there with, would make the day that much better!

We are going to be staying at the Crowne Plaza Beverly Hills before the Tour.
    I reckon I will do some of those bus tours when I get back, the return trip will be far less organized I think!!

Emma & I will be doing Universals Orlando, Harry Potter World is a must see for us, one of many hightlights of our holiday to come. We have booked accomidation is NY, we are staying at the Affinia Manhattan

So what’s everyone looking forward to doing the most on this tour???

• 17 Jul 2012 Emma said

Emma

omg, Harry Potter world – I CANT WAIT! I just wish we had longer in each place! :P

• 19 Jul 2012 Emmadelo. said

Emmadelo.

Harry potter world is going to be amazing. I think spending Christmas and New years on the tour is a bit exciting, especially New years in Miami.
    Is anyone staying in New york long after the tour? I’ll be there for 10 days before i fly to Europe .

• 19 Jul 2012 Emma said

Emma

Yea Katherine and I will be in NY for a week after, then I fly home but she gets to continue on! :( so jelly!

We get into NY on my birthday, thats gonna be so exciting! :P

• 22 Jul 2012 simmo2386 said

simmo2386

Hi All

Universal Orlando is something I’m looking forward to doing as well – especially with islands of Adventure. Christmas and NY will be interesting as well – should be a blast!

• 24 Jul 2012 Emmadelo. said

Emmadelo.

Oh wow how exciting . How old will you be turning? my friend had her bday on contiki and said it was the best birthday she ever had. Yay…

• 25 Jul 2012 Meelya said

Meelya

Hey guys – have created a Facebook group – type ‘contiki grand southern LA-NYC 13 December 2012’ into the search bar if you want to join :)

• 25 Jul 2012 Emma said

Emma

Meelya – :( i cant seem to find it – are you able to paste the link here?! :) :)

• 25 Jul 2012 Emma said

Emma

Oh and Emma, ill be 23!! :)

• 31 Jul 2012 Meelya said

Meelya

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/266483210118231/ did this work? I’m not sure how to post a link!!

• 31 Jul 2012 Emma said

Emma

Yep i worked it out!! :) found it and sent a request to join!! :) once u accept i can send to my sister! :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion