Community_discussions_small  

Question

What happens after you arrive in Australia?

15 Jan 2008 daydreamer72381 asked

Default_avatar
Is there a meeting spot in the airport or do you have to find your own way to a certain area and when it's time to head back home...are you taken back to the airport?
  • 16 Jan 2008 Oz5581 said

Oz5581

From what I understand it is up to you to get yourself to and from where the tour starts and ends. It will be my first time going but from everthing that I have read that is my understanding. Maybe someone else can give you some more info. I know in the Contikipedia it will give you directions/how to get to the contiki “hotel” from where you land. It will give you alternative like cab/subway etc and about how much it will cost to get there.

• 16 Jan 2008 said

Default_avatar

Hey,

I went in July on the Reef’s and Rainforest, I started in Cairns. Yes, you have to find your own way to the airport. In Cairns, the Colonial Club Resort has a shuttle that goes to and from the airport. So you look up their number and call for a shuttle. At the end of your tour, mine ended in Sydney, you can arrange to get a shuttle to the airport but it costs $12/per person. Or you can simply take a taxi. $12 isn’t bad since it is a 45 minute drive. I hope that helps.

Trina

• 17 Jan 2008 daydreamer72381 said

Default_avatar

Thank you much!!!Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->Another quick question..is the Travelodge in Sydney far from the airport?

• 18 Jan 2008 said

Default_avatar

I would allow for a 45 minute drive, as that’s what it took for us to get to the Kingsford Smith airport.

Trina

• 21 Jan 2008 HD1712 said

HD1712

Sydney’s airport is about half and hour depending on traffic from the city.
    Catch a shuttle service to your hotel much cheaper then a taxi. Or you can catch the train from the airport into the city not sure where to catch that from but sure there is signs around the airport about it.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion