Community_discussions_small  

Question

What happens after you arrive in Australia?

15 Jan 2008 daydreamer72381 asked

Default_avatar
Is there a meeting spot in the airport or do you have to find your own way to a certain area and when it's time to head back home...are you taken back to the airport?
  • 16 Jan 2008 Oz5581 said

Oz5581

From what I understand it is up to you to get yourself to and from where the tour starts and ends. It will be my first time going but from everthing that I have read that is my understanding. Maybe someone else can give you some more info. I know in the Contikipedia it will give you directions/how to get to the contiki “hotel” from where you land. It will give you alternative like cab/subway etc and about how much it will cost to get there.

• 16 Jan 2008 said

Default_avatar

Hey,

I went in July on the Reef’s and Rainforest, I started in Cairns. Yes, you have to find your own way to the airport. In Cairns, the Colonial Club Resort has a shuttle that goes to and from the airport. So you look up their number and call for a shuttle. At the end of your tour, mine ended in Sydney, you can arrange to get a shuttle to the airport but it costs $12/per person. Or you can simply take a taxi. $12 isn’t bad since it is a 45 minute drive. I hope that helps.

Trina

• 17 Jan 2008 daydreamer72381 said

Default_avatar

Thank you much!!!Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->Another quick question..is the Travelodge in Sydney far from the airport?

• 18 Jan 2008 said

Default_avatar

I would allow for a 45 minute drive, as that’s what it took for us to get to the Kingsford Smith airport.

Trina

• 21 Jan 2008 HD1712 said

HD1712

Sydney’s airport is about half and hour depending on traffic from the city.
    Catch a shuttle service to your hotel much cheaper then a taxi. Or you can catch the train from the airport into the city not sure where to catch that from but sure there is signs around the airport about it.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.