Community_discussions_small  

Question

Shops that sell good winter coats in Australia?

25 Jun 2012 Bianca asked

Bianca

I'm doing the winter wanderer tour from the 30th of nov - 23rd of dec and I'll need a warm jacket/coat to keep me warm. I've looked around and failed to find one thats not like $150++ anyone know of any shops in Australia (preferably SA) that sell coats/jackets suited for the european winter at a decent price?

Thank You :)

• 25 Jun 2012 Hayes said

Default_avatar

Wait until all the winter sales are on. Forever New has really nice winter jackets.. I have three from there in all different colours

• 27 Jun 2012 Bianca said

Bianca

Thank You, I’ll be sure to go check forever new out! :)

• 1 Aug 2012 Zach said

Default_avatar

Hi just a question first in order to help you with you question does the dates stated above mean that you will be in Australia during these times? If so you may find you may not need a winter coat this is in the peak of our summer season and temps on average reach in the mid 20-30’C, however if you still are keen on getting yourself a jacket you can check out any of our major department stalls they normally would have a winter clearence on there stocked items a this time.

• 2 Aug 2012 Clare85 said

Clare85

Look online Bianca- sites like Sierra Trading Post, Altrec, Back Country etc usually sell winter coats 1/3 of the price we’d pay here in Aus and often have cheap or free shipping!

• 3 Aug 2012 Lauren said

Default_avatar

Rundle st has a million travel shops you could try- there are a few sales on atm

• 14 Aug 2012 mindy_vink said

mindy_vink

I bought mine off Asos..they’re online and have free shipping from the UK (where they are based) to Aus. I figure that the UK are use to the cold temps so their coats will be warmer/waterproof or whatever. Not badly priced either :)

• 14 Aug 2012 Bianca said

Bianca

thanks guys :) I’ll have a little look around on the web

• 14 Aug 2012 steph02 said

steph02

I’m going on contiki in winter too and have bought a really nice coat of ebay and have had my eye on a few. Because all of the online shopping is mainly overseas, their winter clothes are starting to come in. Keep an eye out on urbanoutfitters and asos or even ebay like me :)

• 24 Aug 2012 Clare85 said

Clare85

I think online is the way to go. I’ve just purchased a Columbia coat I’ve had my eye on (the Triple Trail, US$300 from Columbia, more if purchased from Columbia here in Aus). Unfortunately, the company I found cheapest to buy it from (www.bigskycountry.com) will not ship Columbia products to Australia, but my friend told me about an Aussie company called priceusa who will ship it to Aus for you, quite cheaply. Check them out! I ended up getting the jacket for a bit under AUD$150 including shipping to me so was very happy with that! Make sure you google coupon codes for any websites you find too, I found a 12% off coupon which was good. Sierra Trading Post is also a good site for buying stuff online – again they won’t ship to Aus, but you can use priceusa to get around that. Happy shopping!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.