Community_discussions_small  

Question

Travelling Solo

25 Jun 2012 elisemb asked

Default_avatar

Hey all,
I've only just turned 18 and love to travel but haven't travelled alone before. I'm a little worried about joining a tour solo as a young female more interested in seeing the sights than going out every night (of course I would, but not so much that I don't enjoy the trip). Anyone had any experience with this?
Thanks!

• 25 Jun 2012 Jenna said

Jenna

Im 18 and recently did a topdeck tour alone and had the time on my life, doing a contiki alone in a couple of weeks and really looking foward to it.. You meet so many people that you honestly dont feel alone, as long as you’ve got a good head on your shoulders you’ll be fine!

• 30 Jun 2012 Emily said

Emily

I was 19 when I did my first solo Contiki tour and had sooo much fun. . . . I’m sure it varies from trip to trip, but on the trips I’ve done there’s been a nice mix of people who made sight seeing a priority and were not looking to party quite as hard every night. Night life is a fun part of the culture in different countries so don’t miss out on it entirely but you will make friends regardless of your party habits. :-)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion