Community_discussions_small  

Question

Escapade or Easy Rider? 6/9th September 2012 start

27 Jun 2012 Elicia asked

Elicia

Hey fellow Contiki-goers! I'm 18 from Australia and I am planning a trip to Europe for this September (departing the 6th) - early October 2012. I am stuck deciding between the European Escapade, and The easy Rider. I am a confident and enthusiastic Camper however, as I have never travelled to Europe before, I am nervous about the unpredictable weather. It sounds like a lot of fun and is everything I want out of my trip, however I was also leaning more towards staying in hostels and Contiki cabins, not to mention the odd hotel. I don't want anything fancy out of my trip, but also want to make the most out of it, as I am on a relatively tight budget. Has anyone done either of these trips that would recommend them, especially at that time of year. I have a friend living in Germany who says that the weather can be unpredictable and he recommended of the two to go with the Escapade. Whilst I am happy with just a taste as it is my first time solo travelling, I also would love to spend as much time and experience as much as possible.
Your help and experience would be much appreciated as I am booking tomorrow on one or the other. At the moment, I am going with the Escapade on the sole grounds that camping may not be the greatest idea. Your advice?

• 2 Aug 2012 Spencer said

Default_avatar

Hey Elicia! I am also thinking of doing this! Might go for the August 26th instead though.

• 3 Aug 2012 RJ1817 said

RJ1817

If you’re on a tight budget and are worried about money, why not wait an extra year so that you’ll have more money and not have towrry about spenind too much?

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.