Community_discussions_small  

Question

Escapade or Easy Rider? 6/9th September 2012 start

27 Jun 2012 Elicia asked

Elicia

Hey fellow Contiki-goers! I'm 18 from Australia and I am planning a trip to Europe for this September (departing the 6th) - early October 2012. I am stuck deciding between the European Escapade, and The easy Rider. I am a confident and enthusiastic Camper however, as I have never travelled to Europe before, I am nervous about the unpredictable weather. It sounds like a lot of fun and is everything I want out of my trip, however I was also leaning more towards staying in hostels and Contiki cabins, not to mention the odd hotel. I don't want anything fancy out of my trip, but also want to make the most out of it, as I am on a relatively tight budget. Has anyone done either of these trips that would recommend them, especially at that time of year. I have a friend living in Germany who says that the weather can be unpredictable and he recommended of the two to go with the Escapade. Whilst I am happy with just a taste as it is my first time solo travelling, I also would love to spend as much time and experience as much as possible.
Your help and experience would be much appreciated as I am booking tomorrow on one or the other. At the moment, I am going with the Escapade on the sole grounds that camping may not be the greatest idea. Your advice?

• 2 Aug 2012 Spencer said

Default_avatar

Hey Elicia! I am also thinking of doing this! Might go for the August 26th instead though.

• 3 Aug 2012 RJ1817 said

RJ1817

If you’re on a tight budget and are worried about money, why not wait an extra year so that you’ll have more money and not have towrry about spenind too much?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion