Community_discussions_small  

Question

Attention : Best of USA (LA to NY) July 2013

30 Jun 2012 Karolinka asked

Karolinka

Hi !
i'm planning on doing the Yucatan Highlights on the 6th of July followed by Best of USA (LA to NY) straight after on the 15th of july i think.
This will be my first contiki tour AND i will be going alone. What is some good advice for newbies?
Is there a bit of flexible free time on the tours? what if you didn't want to do some of the activities they have planned out, do you have no choice? any other advice would be great !! :)

• 21 Jul 2012 EdenH said

EdenH

Hi,
    I am also planning the Best of USA tour in july 2013, this will be my first contiki tour aswell :)
    Very excited but also a bit nervous as im going alone.
    Have you recieved any advice from other travellers yet?

• 21 Jul 2012 karolinka67 said

karolinka67

Hey Eden =)
    Aw that’s great to hear ! I’m very excited as ive already booked my tours in July 2013 and yes im very nervous too! what date are you thinking of going in July?

At this stage, no i havent hehe. the only advice is from my travel agent and it’s not much different from what i’ve read from the reviews on this website and so forth.

it sounds really exciting and hope you decide to go aswell! Have you done a contiki tour before?

• 6 Oct 2012 fee089 said

fee089

hey guys I am doing the tour in july starting the 3/7/13!

• 7 Oct 2012 rustika said

rustika

hello: for I will say that this is my 3 tour with Contiki. whenever you have free time in each country. Optional excursions are also some good depends on what you want to see. the price is always excellent. meals are good and varied. actually not regret

• 14 Oct 2012 rettridge7 said

rettridge7

This will be my first contiki tour as well, and I’m going alone too…

I’ve been searching the net recently for things I really want to do, a lot of my friends have done contiki tours before and they always say you have the best of both worlds (you can stay with the tour group or go and do you own thing) – which suits me perfectly :)

• 18 Oct 2012 Karolinka said

Karolinka

what dates are people going on this tour next year?

i have finally booked my flights and its definitely locked in :) so hopefully i may see one of you on the same tour (start on the 15th of july ):) cant wait!!! :D

• 18 Oct 2012 Nr992 said

Default_avatar

I recently did this tour, it was amazing! july will be a very hot time to go so i hope you all like the heat :)
    about half of the people in my group were travelling solo as well so dont be worried about that cause you’re all in the same boat :) if you would like to know anything about the tour id be happy to help :)

• 25 Oct 2012 rettridge7 said

rettridge7

Im doing the tour that starts on 15th July!!! So very excited!!!

• 25 Oct 2012 Karolinka said

Karolinka

Yay! And it’s the one from LA to NY? :) have you booked anything yet?

• 25 Oct 2012 rettridge7 said

rettridge7

Yes LA to NY!!! I cannot wait! I havnt booked anything but my Tour is paid for!! Im waiting to here back from my Travel Agent about the Air NZ flights I looked at. Have you booked anything?

• 28 Oct 2012 Sian said

Sian

I’m doing Best Of USA NY to LA departing 3/7/13!!

• 7 Nov 2012 Jess said

Jess

me and my friend rachel are doing this tour (LA to NYC) on the 22nd of July 2013… soooo excited it will be my 2nd contiki trip and 4th overseas trip. Any advice on the hotels we stay at??

• 12 Nov 2012 samanator said

samanator

Hi Guys!!
    Im doing this tour with my best friend starting in LA on the 15th of july!!!

So pumped wh elseis going??

• 12 Nov 2012 karolinka67 said

karolinka67

hey Samanator,

That sounds great! ill be doing this tour aswwell and i cannot wait! ive been hearing so many good things about contiki groups.

• 15 Nov 2012 GarethAppleby said

GarethAppleby

Im doing the July 15 tour! Super stoked and cant wait! Im doing it alone too.

• 16 Nov 2012 WhitneyT said

WhitneyT

Hey,

I’m doing the tour on the 15th of July with another friend of mine. It will be our first contiki too :)

-Whitney

• 19 Nov 2012 samanator said

samanator

Its our first Contiki too! ;-)

Ive heard lots of positive things too we are soo keen! look forward to meeting you all and running an absoloute muck!

• 21 Nov 2012 PhoebeBarnden said

PhoebeBarnden

I’m planning to do this tour on July 15! Its my first time overseas and I’m doing it alone, so I’m extremely nervous! Cant wait to get to know some of you better :)

• 20 Dec 2012 karolinka67 said

karolinka67

how exciting everyone ! sounds like were all gonna have an amazing time !! ive just paid off my remainder of the tour so im super stoked!! =D =D

what are everyones plans before/after the USA tour? :)

xxx

• 20 Dec 2012 PhoebeBarnden said

PhoebeBarnden

Im planning to stay in New York for 3 extra days after the tour! Hopefully other people will be as well and we can explore even more! ahhh so excitinggg :D :D

Is anyone else planning to stay in NY after?’ xo

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.