Community_discussions_small  

Question

Attention : Best of USA (LA to NY) July 2013

30 Jun 2012 Karolinka asked

Karolinka

Hi !
i'm planning on doing the Yucatan Highlights on the 6th of July followed by Best of USA (LA to NY) straight after on the 15th of july i think.
This will be my first contiki tour AND i will be going alone. What is some good advice for newbies?
Is there a bit of flexible free time on the tours? what if you didn't want to do some of the activities they have planned out, do you have no choice? any other advice would be great !! :)

• 22 Jan 2013 GarethAppleby said

GarethAppleby

It came up on the invoice as I booked the extra night through Contiki. I know it looks awesome aye. Im pretty certain we’re staying in hotels throughout the trip.

I think thats a awesome idea posting up flight arrivals times etc. Looks like wer all coming from around the same area of the world so will probably be all equally jet-lagged although I dont think itl be too bad haha

• 22 Jan 2013 Becca said

Default_avatar

I wish i was doing other tours! Work wouldn’t let me have more time off :/
    Are you doing any other tours?
    How bad is the time difference for you? LA is 8 hours behind me, i hope thats not too painful! Lol

• 1 Feb 2013 GarethAppleby said

GarethAppleby

NZ is 21 hours ahead of LA. Shouldnt be too bad, I work shift work so im kinda used to running on minimal sleep at weird times haha that was the reason Im getting in early so I’ve got time to recover for the “Hollywood Club Crawl” on the first night! :D I assume we’re all going to be doing this right?

What other optionals is everyone planning on doing?

• 4 Feb 2013 bankz11 said

bankz11

Hey guys,

We’re flying / arriving in LA on the 12th of July. So we’ll be there a few days before the tour starts to get over jetlag, shop and experience the LA Fri/Sat nightlife!

Anyone else there early?

• 6 Feb 2013 Melissa said

Melissa

Hey Guys,

Is anyone flying out of Melbourne?

:)

• 8 Feb 2013 rettridge7 said

rettridge7

I fly in two days before the tour starts in LA… Thinking about doing Disneyland on those two days because I have been told you need more then one day to get through the whole park! I’m then staying in New York until 2/8/13 and doing a day tour down to Washington DC!

• 22 Feb 2013 rettridge7 said

rettridge7

My travel agent has signed me up for a Harlem Choir Tour! Should be interesting :) Melissa I’m flying out of Melbourne on 12th July!

• 9 Mar 2013 Melissa said

Melissa

I’m hoping to fly out of melb on the 12 th also , haven’t booked my flights yet :)

• 11 Mar 2013 karolinka67 said

karolinka67

hey Bankz, im flying into LA from Mexico on the 12th July but i think in the evening. what time does it say you’ll arrive? has anyone else got their accommodation sorted for the days befroe contiki? are you staying at the same place or different one?

wow its coming around sooo fast!!! cannot wait :D :D

@Gareth – yesss we all should meet up and have a crazy Hollywood night out ! i cant even imagine how crazy it could be haha…and to be superstars maybe we should do the limo ride? haha….

• 11 Mar 2013 GarethAppleby said

GarethAppleby

Im staying the night before in LA at the Doubletree which is the same hotel we’l be in for the LA part of the tour :)

• 13 Mar 2013 karolinka67 said

karolinka67

ah cool howd you find that out? i still dont have any sort of itinerary from my travel agent in regards to my contiki so i dont know where we are staying etc…weird.

• 13 Mar 2013 bankz11 said

bankz11

Hey Karolinka,
    I’m staying at the Ramada Plaza West Hollywood for two nights prior to the tour. I think we’re doing Disneyland on one of the days before we start. :) We fly out of Brissy at 7pm on the 12th and get into LA at 8am in the morning on the 12th – Gotta love how we’re ahead of time in the US!

• 13 Mar 2013 GarethAppleby said

GarethAppleby

Hey Karo,
    I booked my extra night through Contiki so it comes up on my invoices. I get sent an updated invoice everytime I make a payment :)

All the itinerary details (flights, hotels etc) I think we receive about 45 days prior to the tour. You should check with your travel agent though as it may vary if going through them.

• 19 Mar 2013 Moo said

Default_avatar

Hi Guys, I’m doing LA to the Bay tour starting 31st July – 10th August and then New York – do any of your tours coincide? Would love to meet who might be with me. :)

• 20 Mar 2013 Ef said

Ef

@ karolinka67
    I booked my tour through the Flight Centre. They told me once i present my passport (still waiting for it) Contiki will send through my itinerary and details.

all i’ve got at the moment is receipts from my payment…

• 3 Apr 2013 GarethAppleby said

GarethAppleby

Hmm so my flight out of NY on the last day has been shifted to 8:45am. If I understand correctly that means I need to be at the airport by about 6-6:30am at the very latest. Im guessing I would then need to wake up about 4am. There is no way I’m having an early night on the last night so looks like we’re going to have to have a crazy rowdy all-nighter in NY on the last night! Lock it in your diaries now people its going to be awesome!!!

• 8 Apr 2013 karolinka67 said

karolinka67

haha crazy nights for sure !!! i cannot wait!!!………we are gonna live it up like VIP’s hehe
    i had a quick look around for accommodation and i do like the sound of staying near the beach (santa monica, venice, long beach etc) but still looking around coz i found a few nice ones in beverely hills…yay!! 13 weeks left guys !!!!!!!!!! :D

• 9 Apr 2013 samanator said

samanator

Hey fellow travelers!
    We are flying out of Melbourne On the 10th of July staying in LA for a few days before the tour starts and staying in the hotel The night before the tour starts. (keen as for drinks pre tour) the plan is to do orange county and Disney land before the tour. Once the tour finishes we are staying in New York for an extra week, then off to Hawaii for a week on the way home. Is anyone else keen to do the Alcatraz night tour I’ve heard it’s a must do but you need to ore book tickets.
    Only 97 days to go! Until the hecticness begins! U guys Better pack your drinking shoes!!!

Cheers Sam x x

r

samanator

And GarethAppelby I can’t see pulling an all nightwear an issue you count on me ;) hahaha

samanator

Nighter*

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion