Community_discussions_small  

Question

Attention : Best of USA (LA to NY) July 2013

30 Jun 2012 Karolinka asked

Karolinka

Hi !
i'm planning on doing the Yucatan Highlights on the 6th of July followed by Best of USA (LA to NY) straight after on the 15th of july i think.
This will be my first contiki tour AND i will be going alone. What is some good advice for newbies?
Is there a bit of flexible free time on the tours? what if you didn't want to do some of the activities they have planned out, do you have no choice? any other advice would be great !! :)

• 9 Apr 2013 GarethAppleby said

GarethAppleby

Sam, you legend!!
    I will be bringing multiple pairs of drinking shoes. Il also be bringing drinking jandels or thongs as you lot call them. A few pairs of drinking socks also ;) Man I sound like an alcoholic! haha
    Sounds like you’ve got a wicked time planned. Il be in the hotel the night before but might just order room service and watch a movie, have a quiet one. JOKING
    Tell me more about this Alcatraz night tour bizo? Is it scary? haha ;)

• 10 Apr 2013 samanator said

samanator

Perfect!! Maybe chuck in some disco boots too!! It’s good to have options ;) hahaha I’ve just heard that its amazing it’s like a tour through the jail and everyone wears headphones and it’s a sound and light thing too. Some people from work have been and said its a must do! It needs to be pre booked though as it books out fast. Dates haven’t opened up yet for when we travel so I’ll book mine in the next month or so! :)

• 15 Apr 2013 GarethAppleby said

GarethAppleby

Whos keen to go to a baseball game in NY?!

• 21 Apr 2013 Ben said

Ben

Someone say all Nighter? Vegas 24 hour clubs hello!!!

• 28 Apr 2013 karolinka67 said

karolinka67

VIP Limo ride down the Vegas strip to our clubs?!?!….HELL YES!

how long is everyone going to the USA for & whats a good amount of spending money to bring (to be comfortable without the worries of missing out on activities etc) :) x

• 28 Apr 2013 GarethAppleby said

GarethAppleby

Im planning on about 3k NZ. Not sure what that is AUD.

• 30 Apr 2013 karolinka67 said

karolinka67

okay sweet :) and are you just doing the BOUSA trip or spending extra time after? …. oh my how i enjoy planning and organising pre-trip things…woo

• 30 Apr 2013 GarethAppleby said

GarethAppleby

Im doing Miami for a few days after the tour but dont think Il be spending much money there. Doesnt seem like theres a lot to do other than chill on the beach haha

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion