Community_discussions_small  

Question

Where do you guys recommended???

10 Nov 2010 sandy asked

Default_avatar
Wanting to do Europe, and maybe some Island hopping? around 1 month? first time travelling solo, im 22 and female what tours would you recommended? I dont want to go much over $3000

Also who do you book flights through? and do you go and see a travel agent or book online?

any other suggestions would be great! thnx
  • 11 Nov 2010 Explorer1147179 said

Default_avatar

Hey.

Just by the way does your $3,000 include airfares etc?

There are a lot of tours that go to most major countries in Europe and go to some islands as well. I would recommend any tour that has the word ‘european’ at the front of it. So for example, european spirit, european impressions etc. Then you could do an aegean cruise after that, separate to the first tour. There are tours that combine both but price would go over your $3,000 budget.

I generally always book flights through whoever has the cheapest airfare. In saying that though I don’t mind who I fly with (as long as I get to my destination safely Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->). Now would be a good time to start organising flights as a lot of airlines would start bringing out sales for summer next year. Generally, Malaysia Airlines and Singapore are the best and cheapest if you’re flying from Australia. There are Air Asia flights as well..I’ve seen them advertised for $450 one-way to London sometimes..very cheap. Personal preference really.

The good thing with a travel agent is that they can do everything for you. They may charge a premium for the service and to get their commission but it’s kinda worth it, especially if you’re not internet savvy. Travel agents can get everything finalised and printed there. This is compared to if you book online where you pay, then get confirmations etc some time later. You also have to do everything separately online..separately meaning flights, contiki tour, accommodation etc etc all separate.

Hope that helps Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 11 Nov 2010 sandy said

Default_avatar

no $3000 just for contiki part, not including airfairs etc etc!

thanks for the advice, their are so many tours to choose from.. so I want to make sure I choose the right one for me!

thanks for your help, slightly nervous first timer.. any other suggestions would be appreciated!

• 11 Nov 2010 Explorer1214699 said

Default_avatar

Sandy, i had a lot of the same concerns… after much debate and conversations with travel agents and people who have gone on this trip, i finally decided on the London – Athens + Greek Island Hopping (35 days). I leave the US on June 21 2011 (i think the tour starts on the 22 or something)… i think it is going to be an amazing time… you get to see a little of a lot of europe and if you find something you like you can always go back. I am also traveling solo and this trip was suggested for that reason… hope this helps!

• 14 Nov 2010 Explorer1147179 said

Default_avatar

Some questions that answers to will help:

-What kind of age group are you wanting on the tour?
    -Are you wanting to see a lot of history and culture around Europe, or more just have fun and relax?
    -Are there any parts of Europe that you’re interested in more than others? Ie Northern Europe, or the meditteranean countries?
    -Do you mind what kind of accommodation and meals you get? Also how long you spend on the bus etc?
    -Any island or place you specifically want to see? Would you prefer just chilling in front of the pool on the cruise ship or walking around the islands checking stuff out more?
    -Do you want to have one tour, or are you happy to have 2? The reason I ask this is because there are tours that go around Europe and there are also separate 5-10 day cruises to the islands. It is possible to go around Europe separately to the islands.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.