Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Medi Highlights (reverse) 2nd July

11 Feb 2007 sous said

Default_avatar
Hi all,
well i know that there WILL be other people on the tour besides myself and my cous (as its a guaranteed departure) just interested to see if anyone posting will be on it too?
our first contiki, we'll be arriving in Rome on 1st July...
  • 16 Apr 2007 ian said

Default_avatar

from burlington,,, but i just bought a place and moved to hamilton recently

• 17 Apr 2007 sous said

Default_avatar

ian, your going to have to translate this canadian slang for me (facebook?!) do you mean “plastered”??
    im glad you like my attitude (hope you’ll get used to my sense of humour too!)..

btw, im not a huge drinker, not because im a party pooper, just that after a few drinks i’m more likely to fall asleep..

im sure we’ll have some great laughs though!
    anyone actually planning any sightseeing, or just seeing how it pans out?

• 17 Apr 2007 sous said

Default_avatar

this is awesome! we’ve finally got a little family happening here!

• 17 Apr 2007 sous said

Default_avatar

hey span, i’d definately be up for seeing the town with a local. My cous and i will probably be back at the hotel by the time you arrive there so we can meet up there if you like (we’ll be arriving at about 5.30am on the 1st).

• 17 Apr 2007 sous said

Default_avatar

oh, and ian- the phrase you’re referring to, its mentioned in the movie “anchorman” right?
    lol

• 17 Apr 2007 Span83 said

Default_avatar

Hey Stef,
    My plane lands I think about 7:30 in the evening of the 1st but I would definately be up for seeing the town that night (including night life) and then maybe some other sights the next day. I think it will help heaps with a local there!!

• 17 Apr 2007 sous said

Default_avatar

yeah i agree- very lucky!
    im guessing, with your flight landing at about 7.30 you’d prob b at the hotel at about 8.30?
    (im pretty sure i’ll be up from my catnap by then)
    have you decided on any of the optionals you’re gonna do (or not?) people have been given mixed responses on them (esp. the dinner ones.some say they are REALLY CRAP) im not a particularly fussy eater- but i do like my food….hmmm

• 18 Apr 2007 Span83 said

Default_avatar

Hey Stef,
    I believe that I should be at the motel by about 8:30. I am hoping anyway. We will have to organise a time to meet in the lobby or something. As for the optional extra’s, I don’t know what ones I want to do. I want to do nearly all of them I think. But then I don’t know!! There are too many. What ones are you thinking of doing??
    Span

• 18 Apr 2007 Di & Char said

Default_avatar

Checking in w/ my fellow travelers:
    Hey everyone! It looks like we’re going to be in Spain during the ‘Running of the Bulls.’ How crazy!! For those of you arriving a day early, did you book the extra night at the hotel through Contiki?

Default_avatar

We are in Spain for running of the bulls, but we don’t go anywhere near Pampalona for it. And when we finish the tour in Spain the running of the bulls ends too. Dam it!!

• 18 Apr 2007 ian said

Default_avatar

we will be there for the actuall running… and teh reason why i took this trip in “reverse” is so i can run with the bulls… ill be leaving the group and taking a train over for one day to do so…. anyone else in ?

• 18 Apr 2007 ian said

Default_avatar

and annabanna where the hell are you ?! we live in teh same city ! get back to me

Default_avatar

I forgot to ask, what is everyone one doing after the tour finishes??

• 18 Apr 2007 Anabanana said

Default_avatar

I’m here Ian!! Sorry to say but I won’t be running with the bulls, knowing my luck I would injure something and wouldn’t be able to return home to my oh so wonderful job. Come to think of it, that wouldn’t be such a bad idea…I’ll think about the bulls Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

• 18 Apr 2007 Anabanana said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Span83:
    I forgot to ask, what is everyone one doing after the tour finishes??

Me and my sis will actually be in Croatia for a week before the tour starts so we’ll be going back to Canada after the tour finishes….wish we could stay longer though.

Default_avatar

I am in the Greek Islands for 13 days before the tour starts then heading from Athens to Rome (flying) the day before this tour starts. I am then flying from Madrid to London to see a friend of mine who I haven’t seen in about 2 years!! SO excited!! I might have to think about the bus trip to Pampalona!!!

• 18 Apr 2007 sous said

Default_avatar

if you want to get to pamplona, id suggest a train, try this website to book early. when i was in spain last trying to get train tickets from the station in madrid, heaps of people were trying to get to pamplona, and 1 american couple missed out on tickets (and were really pissed- it was the first time they were gonna miss out in 20 years!)…try this site:
    http://horarios.renfe.es/hir/ingles.html#

• 18 Apr 2007 sous said

Default_avatar

optional extras- im thinking of doing most, probably not the space disco (unless theres nothing else to do in florence at night) and maybe not the flamenco night if its in madrid- theres an awesome flamenco place just near the royal palace i’d rather check out. The one mentioned in the itinerary as an optional looks dodgy…

• 18 Apr 2007 sous said

Default_avatar

di&char, do you mean booking an extra night in rome? if so, we booked it thru my travel agent (all depends on when your flight arrives, as to weather you’ll need to book an extra night..) im guessing contiki should be able to book it for you..also make sure you’ve got transfers from the airport to the hotel..i’ve heard its a bit of a hike in rome (but wont be necessary in spain, transport is really easy there..)

Default_avatar

I think I am going to budget for all optionals and then see what I want to do when I get there.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion