Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Medi Highlights (reverse) 2nd July

11 Feb 2007 sous said

Default_avatar
Hi all,
well i know that there WILL be other people on the tour besides myself and my cous (as its a guaranteed departure) just interested to see if anyone posting will be on it too?
our first contiki, we'll be arriving in Rome on 1st July...
  • 18 Apr 2007 sous said

Default_avatar

yeah, good idea.
    hey, you know ur mate in rome, did he/she say anything about if they’re very conservative there in general (i know we’ll only be there a couple of days, but im definatley not wearing a t-shirt there in 35 degrees, when its singlet weather- except for the vatican…

• 18 Apr 2007 Span83 said

Default_avatar

Hey Stef,
    I found this website http://optionals.info about optional extras. Just go down and click Europe, the Contiki, then what country it is in. Not all of them have a review but most of the ones on our tour does. Worth having a look at.

Default_avatar

No he hasn’t said anything about how conservative they are. I think I might end up going in what I normally wear if it is hot (with the exception of the Vatican).

• 18 Apr 2007 sous said

Default_avatar

thanks. ive seen this site before pretty good reviews..

• 18 Apr 2007 Liz&Pia said

Default_avatar

My gosh so much has happened since the last time i checked in!!! you’ve gone from 2 to 5 pages of posts nice! My friend liz is very keen for some sight seeing on the day we arrive (1st) i’m convinced i will need a bit of a rest day cos i find it immpossible to sleep on planes so at least i know she’ll have some company!! as for the ‘facebook’ thing its like a personal profile page alot like myspace where u can put pics and all that kinda stuff good to keep in touch with friends while travelling!!

• 18 Apr 2007 sous said

Default_avatar

(oops, now i feel stupid! i do know myspace though!) dont have my own myspace, but my b/f’s band has one- myspace.com/grippingwater (if anyone’s interested, umm, dont think there are any pics of me though…hmm.. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->)

i get really jetlagged on flights too, the only thing is check in at the hotel isnt until 2.00pm, so plenty of time to kill..

Default_avatar

Hey Stef,
    Just wanted to let you know, I asked my mate if Rome was conservative, ie singlets and things like that. He said in july it is very very hot and nearly everyone wears singlets so I’m guessing it’s singlet time for us when we get there. Thought I would let you know!!

• 18 Apr 2007 Di & Char said

Default_avatar

Thanks for the info about the hotel and shuttle Sous. I talked to Char and she’s taken care of it. Hey Ian, I’m with you in running w/ the bulls. I might not actually run w/ the bulls but i so wanna watch it and be w/ all the people.

• 18 Apr 2007 sous said

Default_avatar

thanks span, your a gem!

• 18 Apr 2007 sous said

Default_avatar

hey, what time is it in US/canada? could ian be sleeping??

Default_avatar

I think he will more than likely be sleeping. I think it would be sometime in the early morning!!

• 18 Apr 2007 sous said

Default_avatar

hey, is it just me or has anyone else already dusted off the old suitcase and started dumping things into it?? (ok im not THAT crazy, im just talking like travel docs, travel bits and pieces..) Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Default_avatar

No it’s not just you, I have as well!! And I also did a mock pack to see if it all came under 20kg as well!! Which it did!! With flying colours!!!

• 18 Apr 2007 Liz&Pia said

Default_avatar

of course didn’t even think about check in times!!! we’re also keen to SEE the bulls but not actually participate!! looks like ur still on ur own there ian!!! im sure you’ll meet some more crazy boys (or girls for that matter) on the tour who’ll wanna join in!!

• 19 Apr 2007 ian said

Default_avatar

yup deffffinetley sleeping Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 19 Apr 2007 ian said

Default_avatar

i think everyone should get facebook on here so we all know who each other are… sous im sure your gorgeous and all but there a pic of a cow up !? lol see you girls soon

• 19 Apr 2007 Di & Char said

Default_avatar

Well I took my passport out from storage under my bed, but as far as packing, I always tend to do things the last minute. It still hasn’t set in that I’m actually traveling to Europe. Sorry Ian, no face book but both Char and I are on MySpace. I think Ian just wants to check out all the lovely ladies he’s going to be traveling w/.

• 19 Apr 2007 sous said

Default_avatar

oh ian, your lack of avatar makes you so mysterious!
    and its not a cow, its an ox or yak or something (its cute ok! and i can be a bit technologically challenged sometimes, hence no avatar of myself-and thats why no facebook/myspace etc… Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->)
    how old are you ian? im guessing the girls here are all in their 20’s…

• 19 Apr 2007 sous said

Default_avatar

haha, is ian assuming everyone’s single?

• 19 Apr 2007 ian said

Default_avatar

ahhhaha ofcourse i wanna check you girls out. who wouldnt ?!
    im 24.
    but it doesnt matter if yoru single or not.. just want to have a good time Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.