Community_discussions_small  

Question

Simply Italy (winter) Jan 13-25 2013

3 Jul 2012 Caroline_the_Muse asked

Default_avatar

hey anyone else a super early bird and already booked for this trip.

Caroline

• 3 Jul 2012 ExplorerNicole91 said

ExplorerNicole91

We are booked in for the 14th? Is that what you mean?? (just had a look at the departure dates – don’t think there is one on the 13th…) So maybe yes? :-)

• 3 Jul 2012 Caroline_the_Muse said

Default_avatar

I’m from Canada, and for Canadian departures Contiki adds an extra day to arrive in Europe so I see it as starting on the 13th thought the activities and hotel bookings don’t start untill the 14th. So yes it sounds like its the same trip.

However as a Canadian I have had frequent problems traveling in Winter so I’m actualy arriving in Europe on the 12.

• 4 Jul 2012 ExplorerNicole91 said

ExplorerNicole91

Yes, my partner and I are actually arriving on the 18/12 and starting a different contiki on the 20/12 (hopefully!). I am a little concerned about it not being definite though! How old are you, and are you travelling alone? It is so exciting to find someone this early out!

• 4 Jul 2012 Caroline_the_Muse said

Default_avatar

I’m 28 I’m doing the trip alone, then tackeling Paris, I speak a medium amount of french, then I’m spending a week in London with the museums and family. I’m Canadian. How about you.

P.s. I’m already contemplating packing my suitcase, I’m so excited.

• 11 Jul 2012 ExplorerNicole91 said

ExplorerNicole91

Yay! The tour went definite departure! How exciting! We are both from Australia, I’m 21 and my partner is 23. I wish I could speak French :-) Also now contemplating packing again haha.

• 11 Jul 2012 ExplorerNicole91 said

ExplorerNicole91

Also – you said you have had problems, is that just with the weather?

• 30 Jul 2012 Caroline_the_Muse said

Default_avatar

Yes any problems I have with flights in winter are all related to blizzards from flying out of Canada.

• 31 Jul 2012 Petra said

Petra

i am doing the same tourn but in feb 4th. im really hoping it will be a definate departure.

• 10 Aug 2012 Jess said

Jess

I’m doing the simply italy tour too but on the the 4th march…I keep looking for people that’s also on my tour but I think I’m too early (and way too excited haha) How do you know the tour becomes definite departure?

• 14 Aug 2012 Kera said

Default_avatar

I’m hoping to do the the Simply Italy tour in May, but there are no dates listed on their website for 2013… how have you guys booked?

• 15 Aug 2012 Jess said

Jess

I don’t think the summer dates are out yet…I’m sure they will be soon though!!

• 20 Aug 2012 Caroline_the_Muse said

Default_avatar

you could try e-mailing them they might have some dates already but haven’t updated the calendar yet?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion