Community_discussions_small  

Comment

clothes junkie..

25 Mar 2007 Ang25 said

Default_avatar
hey all,
iv been trying to deal with this dilemma myself but i think i need some suggestions/advice? how on earth can you tell a junkie(only clothes & shoes thats my drug Big Grin) to take half their usual fix?? im lost, dont wanna overpack but dont wanna be left without my favorite or something i mite possibly need/want! whats a girl to do!! I done an example list and whoa its heaps, i cant even get my shoes down to less than 5 pairs(and thats a big effort 4 me!)
what have all you other fashion addicts out there done! i know im going to shop but its just to hard to cut down! thanks guys!!
  • 25 Mar 2007 space_monkey said

Default_avatar

you can always buy another seat on the tour so u have 40kg instead of the 20kg

• 25 Mar 2007 ptooma said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by space_monkey:
    you can always buy another seat on the tour so u have 40kg instead of the 20kg

Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

Hahaha !! Kudos * ROTFLMAO **

If there was a prize for best answer of the month, you’d take it hands down !!!

Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 25 Mar 2007 Ang25 said

Default_avatar

not a bad idea space monkey, but im working my butt off just to pay for me let alone an extra seat for my suitcase Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 25 Mar 2007 SherriJ said

Default_avatar

What I did last year was I selected everything I wanted to pack — lined it up.. then put half of it back. Trust me, it was really hard… but I didn’t miss the items I didn’t have. Also, you might want to get some Travel Space Bags — force yourself not to use them at the start of the trip, but they are great if you want to buy some clothes on the trip and then condense everything down.

• 25 Mar 2007 Ang25 said

Default_avatar

oh thats a great ides with the space travel bags i will definatly invest in one of those, that way i can buy heaps of stuff(especially since im stopping at dubai for 3 days of shopping on my way home) this may sound really dumb and make me look like a bimbo but would a travel space bag when it compacts stuff make it weigh less??

• 25 Mar 2007 ~*Alex*~ said

Default_avatar

No,i don’t think space bags make things weigh less…just condences your gear and gives you more packing space

• 26 Mar 2007 fidgit66 said

Default_avatar

I also suffer form clothing addiction!!!! What I did, was I brought more tops and shoes than bottoms. I brought one dark pair of jeans, and one light. Two pairs of bermuda shorts and 3 dreeses. The rest were shoes, shirts, sweaters and blouses. I wore the same bottoms alot and hand washed them in the hotels but my outfits always looked different because of my tops (a differen one for everyday!!!) and my accersories. Thats my advice Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Have Fun!!!

• 26 Mar 2007 Jason Ring said

Default_avatar

just prepare to reuse an outfit. Pick your favorite 7 and then just double up. Everyone will understand cause everyone will be in the same boat. I’m a clothes junkie too and it was hard, but just pack as much as will fit with a little extra room for shopping. Good luck!

• 26 Mar 2007 laur-ah said

Default_avatar

Don’t you need to use a vacuum to condense the space bags?????

• 29 Mar 2007 caitlin15 said

Default_avatar

so on the topic of packing light…. can we still bring or should you bring a blow dryer and or a straightner or curling iron, b/c i certainly need at least one of those items!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.