Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Clothing for Europe Oct/Nov

8 Aug 2008 Aussie Chell said

Default_avatar
8 weeks to go until we leave for our Europe trip Smiler

As with most girls I have already started trying to plan what to take and not to take in my backpack!

I am looking for some help as to whether I need winter or summer clothing for my trip.

We are heading to Tokyo first, onto London and then the usual trek throughout Europe. We will probably be staying in the general UK area for a working holiday afterwards!

I have some thermals, polar fleece/wind fleece and a down jacket already (due to a trip to NZ a few months ago!). Any suggestions???

Thank you!!!!!!!!!

Chell
  • 8 Aug 2008 MeganSD said

MeganSD

The thermals and polar fleece sound good. I’m going oct/nov as well and i’m just going to do what a lot of people suggested and layer. It means there won’t be as many bulky/heavy items to pack and makes it easy to add or remove an item depending on the weather and also would prob make it easier if you need to take summer clothes as well.
    I’ve heard that down near the Mediterranean it should be pretty warm but in cities like Prague,Berlin and London it will be pretty cold. You may have to double check with someone thats actually gone around this time because I’m no expert yet Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    Oh! And I plan on waterproofing a LOT of stuff like my shoes and jackets.

• 8 Aug 2008 Aussie Chell said

Default_avatar

Hi Megan!

I have heard the same thing, I think we will have to pack shorts and thermals! Lol an odd thought.

Waterproofing is something I hadnt thought of. What will you use to do this? The protectant you buy from the shoe stores works, but not always very well!
    Chell

• 8 Aug 2008 MJ said

Default_avatar

If you want to save room in your bag just wait till you get to places. You can always buy something along the way. That way if you don’t need it its not taking up half of your suitcase. Be prepared to layer layer layer!

• 9 Aug 2008 Aussie Chell said

Default_avatar

Hi MJ

I have the packing lightly issue down. I am only quite small so it also means my clothes are littler than my boyfriends!!!!!! Hooray for being a girl!

My question to clarify is mainly based around, how warm or cool will it be in October/November? As this will dictate what I wear. I have looked on the various weather sites and it looks like it can vary anywhere between 2deg cel – 26 deg cel….
    Can anyone else verify this???

• 9 Aug 2008 MJ said

Default_avatar

early Oct in some areas can still be quite warm. Not sure about Nov but I’d assume a bit colder.

• 11 Aug 2008 Miamai said

Default_avatar

Hi!
    I live in the U.K and i suggest you bring a waterproof jacket, because it never seems to stop raining at the moment!! also, i think it will still be mild enough to leave the thermals home here, not often is it cold enough to snow, especially in october, but then saying that, our weather is very unpredictable, so goodness knows what you’ll be faced with!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion