Community_discussions_small  

Question

How strict are contiki on bag size limits??

8 Jul 2012 LeeGrundy asked

LeeGrundy

I just measured my travel bag that I take everywhere and realized the it is about 90cm long, which is over the 73cm they recommend. I will be fine with the 20kg limit, and the other dimensions? If I just take this bag along what is the chance that I will not be able to take my bag with me?

• 8 Jul 2012 Melliegrubber said

Melliegrubber

I think they only like your bag to only be a few centimetres over their limit. I think your bag will be far too big.

• 9 Jul 2012 The Mallard said

The Mallard

They make a big deal on dimensions than weight. I carried a suitcase that was within typical dimensions, and approached 20 kilos in weight… and it was accepted on my recent Contiki Europe trip. And Contiki seems to be more stringent with weight than the airlines.

• 10 Jul 2012 amber said

amber

It does say somewhere on this website that you definitely can’t be over 20kg & you can be a bit over the recommended size, but I think your bag being 90cm long will be too long. It also states they will tell you to buy a smaller bag if it is too much over the size limit. I wouldn’t want to be running around London the night before departure looking for a new bag! Just remember, there are 50 other people & a Tour Manager & Bus Driver who all have to fit their bags on the bus too. So if a couple of people go over, it makes less room for everyone else who has the right size. I’ve just gone out & bought the correct size suitcase (only $100) so I know I’ll be pretty pissed in September if I go on my tour & people bring bigger bags.

• 10 Jul 2012 LeeGrundy said

LeeGrundy

Thanks for all the responses. I just called Contiki and they said that they are more worried about the weight than the dimensions and gave the dimensions of my bag (90×40×25) and they said that would be fine. I did think that 90cm would be too long as well. I completely understand your thoughts Amber and I really do hope that I don’t upset anyone by having a longer bag.

• 11 Jul 2012 Carla said

Default_avatar

mine is about 85cm, and we are on the same tour Lee…so we should be fine! i’m sure others on our trip will have longer bags too.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.