Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Anyone Departing London August 28th

4 Jun 2008 Stace8 said

Stace8
Hi i am booked on the August 28th tour, anyone else booked on this one as well?
  • 28 Jul 2008 Stace8 said

Stace8

WOO HOO i got all my documentation on saturday! up, up and away in 4 weeks Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    Can’t wait to meet you all!

• 30 Jul 2008 KazandDan08 said

Default_avatar

Posted 30 Jul 2008 09:04 PM
    Hello there fellow travellers, my name is karen and I will be on this trip with my best friend danika, we are both extremely excited about this trip. We arrive in London on the 23rd August – wanted a few days to look around before we depart. After the trip we are thinking about Croatia and Cyprus. Look forward to meeting everyone and have a few drinks P

• 31 Jul 2008 Stacey1285 said

Default_avatar

Ummm… hi all… just a quickie q: we ARE talking about European IMPRESSIONS here, right? This is the one listed as starting on Aug 26th, yeah? (Aug 27th night spent in London, Aug 28th depart london for brussels)

Just making sure. I’m not on this trip, but was looking through this forum for my boytoy and ran across this post.

Cheers

• 31 Jul 2008 Stace8 said

Stace8

Yes Stacey this is the Tour European Impressions Departing London on Thursday 28th August!

• 7 Aug 2008 Explorer1107915 said

Default_avatar

Hey All,

Just signed up for this trip. I’ll be getting into London 7am on Sunday (Aug 24th). I’m travelling solo, and am debating staying in a hostel vs staying w/ a friend (much cheaper, but he works a lot and is married… so a lil less social).

In any case, I was wondering if any of y’all would be interested in meeting up a few days before the trip and sightseeing / hitting up some bars. If so, anybody know the best way to contact one another there? I wasn’t planning on taking my cell b/c it’ll cost several dollars per minute there (if it even works; i don’t think it’s the right kind).

Also, I leave from Paris a few days late (on Sept 19th) in case anybody in interested in doing stuff in paris (or wherever else is intersting).

Vip

• 10 Aug 2008 slmdixon said

Default_avatar

Hey guys!!! my name is sheree and i am from new zealand! i will bw in your tour (well hopefully!) my friend who i am travelling with has just fractured her knee!!!! I will be arriving in London on 25th Aug and staying at the contiki hotel night before we leave for the tour!!!

Default_avatar

oh and to answer the other questions – i am 24!! and planning on hitting prague and rome after the tour – fingers crossed of course my friend gets the all clear for her knee!!!!! Otherwsie i could be looking at solo travelling!

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Vip1281:
    Hey All,

Just signed up for this trip. I’ll be getting into London 7am on Sunday (Aug 24th). I’m travelling solo, and am debating staying in a hostel vs staying w/ a friend (much cheaper, but he works a lot and is married… so a lil less social).

In any case, I was wondering if any of y’all would be interested in meeting up a few days before the trip and sightseeing / hitting up some bars. If so, anybody know the best way to contact one another there? I wasn’t planning on taking my cell b/c it’ll cost several dollars per minute there (if it even works; i don’t think it’s the right kind).

Also, I leave from Paris a few days late (on Sept 19th) in case anybody in interested in doing stuff in paris (or wherever else is intersting).

Vip

Hi Vip! looks like i could be travelling solo as well – so excited to get there i cant wait!! i will be in london from 25th early in the moring arrival! CANT WAIT TO MEET EVERYBODY!

• 11 Aug 2008 Connie86 said

Default_avatar

hey guys! aghghghghgh! We are getting so close! If anyone wants to hang out the day before the trip let me know.We can maybe all arrange to meet somewhere in the morning. CYA SOON!

• 11 Aug 2008 TURBOOB said

Default_avatar

Has anyone booked any kind of hotel for the days that lead up to the tour? I’m trying to book something and looking to see if anyone has any idea of places are close to our meeting place.

• 11 Aug 2008 KazandDan08 said

Default_avatar

Hi Turboob, my friend and I arrive 5 days before trip, and we just decided to stay at the same hotel that the contiki picks us up from. It worked out $100AUS per night each probably expensive but the convenience outwayed the cost.

• 11 Aug 2008 Explorer1107915 said

Default_avatar

Ummm… so it looks like a few of us are down for meeting before the trip. Some the day/night prior (which I think we all do anyways… at least in the US, the trips are all quoted to us starting the day before… ie, we were told this thing starts on the 27th); others seem like they might meet a few days earlier.

How the heck are we supposed to get in touch with each other there? Anybody getting a cell phone? How was this done before cell phones?

Vip

PS… don’t know why, but this forum keeps changing my ScreenName back to Explorer1107915. Weird

• 12 Aug 2008 Stace8 said

Stace8

Hey guys not long now i am glad i started this forum it seems that we are all pretty excited!

I arrive in London early morning on the 25th i wouldn’t mind catching up with people before for some sight seeing and stuff!

We do catch up at the hotel the night before it says it in your itinerary and optional extras brochure. It says Pre-departure will be held at 6.00pm on the night before departure (wed 27th)please meet in the London Coffee Shop in the courtyard of the Royal National Hotel. Please bring your passports, tour documents and travel insurance.

Hope that helps some people

TURBOOB: i am also staying at the Royal National Hotel it is just for the convenience i guess!

Vip: i am taking my mobile phone (Cell as non australians might call it)but mostly for keeping in touch with family!

i guess if we pick a place to meet and a time like for example the London Coffee Shop and people wear something specific you could find people that way! Bit old fashioned but could work!

or if people have facebook we can add each other and we would know what each other looks like!

Just a few suggestions!

~Stace~

• 12 Aug 2008 Kate said

Default_avatar

I am well and truly counting down now. Eeker<!--graemlin::eek:-->

We are going to arrive in London on the 26th (I think Midday). Not sure of our plans yet – we are trying to organise to meet up with a couple of friends living in London, but will need to wait and see if it all works out. I will keep an eye on this forum to see your plans- and will let you know if we will be able to meet up before the tour begins! Hopefully Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Look forward to meeting you all!! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

Kate

• 13 Aug 2008 slmdixon said

Default_avatar

Hey guys!! getting so excited!!!!! i am arriving on 26th at like 6am into london!!! my flights came with a free night in a hotel that night and on the 27th i will be staying at the royal national!! so excited about meeting you all!!!! ahhhhhhh!!!!! contact me at slmdixon@hotmail.com if ya’ll have email!!!

• 24 Aug 2008 Explorer1107915 said

Default_avatar

1) Frick! this site keeps changing my screen name. It’s still me though

2) So I am in town already; stayin at a friends’ REALLY nice flat in the High Street Kensington area; i think that’s somewhere around the hotel? In any case, off to cambridge on monday to visit a friend; but I was thinking to maybe do the hop-on hop-off tour tuesday and see whatever else on wednesday before the meeting. I wanna see Big Ben, Tower of Terror, and whatever else.

If anybody is interested in meeting up, PM me and I’ll send you a number to call me at here, or send me your number.

PS, if you haven’t left yet, BRING SOME COLD WEATHER CLOTHES AND AT LEAST A LIGHT JACKET. IT’s FRICKIN COLD UP IN THESE CITIES

This is gonna be a blast!!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion