Community_discussions_small  

Question

Eastern Road or Mediterranean highlights 2012

9 Jul 2012 Maverick81 asked

Maverick81

I just booked both of these and wondering if anyone else is going too? Eastern road is July 20 and med highlights starts right after on August 3.

• 9 Jul 2012 Ernie said

Ernie

I went on Eastern Road in May it was a blast! You’ll have a great time!

• 9 Jul 2012 Maverick81 said

Maverick81

Thanks. Just out of curiosity how did you get from the airport to the hotel, taxi or metro? Any recommendations on optionals?

• 9 Jul 2012 Ernie said

Ernie

What time are you heading in? If you can try to get a tour mate who will be there the same time to split a cab. Only $30 euros from Airport to the hotel. If you’re staying at Grand City Hotel Globus Berlin, you can take the metro but the metro stop is about half a mile away or 3.3 km. So it’s a far walk. Not sure how big your luggage is but a pretty decent walk. The subway stop for the hotel is Magdalenenstrasse.

Maverick81

Yea that’s the hotel I’m staying at which is why I’m trying to find some people online beforehand. To me after a long flight I just assume to use a taxi. I’ll be going on 2 2-week tours back to back so I will have a heavy suitcase. My flight lands in Berlin around 9.

Maverick81

Yea that’s the hotel I’m staying at which is why I’m trying to find some people online beforehand. To me after a long flight I just assume to use a taxi. I’ll be going on 2 2-week tours back to back so I will have a heavy suitcase. My flight lands in Berlin around 9.

• 9 Jul 2012 Ernie said

Ernie

I would totally take a cab if need be wait for one of your mates to go with you on the cab. It’s a bit more less hassle for sure! Besides walking to the metro station even without luggage is a ways away.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion