Community_discussions_small  

Question

Egypt & The Nile Oct. or Nov. - Accommodations

9 Jul 2012 ambtol asked

ambtol

Hi there,

I'm looking into doing the Egypt & The Nile tour in October or November...anyone else doing it in October or November?

I have a general question on how the accommodations work. Before you book a tour, you obviously don't see the accommodations, which is a bit concerning to me. How exactly do accommodations work? When you book, do they automatically give you a room in a pre-determined hotel? Also, is getting to/from the hotel your responsibility, or does the tour guide meet you at the airport? I am concerned about travelling alone in Egypt, and would feel more comfortable if I knew this information prior to booking.

Thanks!

• 22 Jul 2012 Kathleen said

Kathleen

We’re book for the tour on the 24th November. We have elected to stay at the hotel from where the tour starts which is the Victoria Hotel (check it out on trip advisor – seems decent). Getting to the hotel from the airport will be your responsibility as the tour starts at the hotel. Hope this helps :)

• 22 Jul 2012 Kiwikarly86 said

Kiwikarly86

I did the Ultimate European plus Egypt tour which goes to where you go on your tour. Don’t worry about the Hotels they were all really good. I was a bit nervous about the quality of the rooms as it is Egypt but all were good. Some had rooms that the showers had not very good pressure but hey you are only there to sleep and so it is not biggy. Food was really good everywhere as well. We were a bit nervous to start but nobody on our trip got “King Tut’s Butt” until the last day as brushed teeth with tap water. Make sure you brush teeth with bottled water as well as only drinking it. Our Guide Hazem was awesome and he even gave us bottled water everyday. Have fun!!!

• 22 Jul 2012 ambtol said

ambtol

Hey all,

Thanks for your answers. I dd contact Contiki and they let me know the hotel is the Victoria Hotel, and that there are transfers to and from the airport based on the time your flights arrives, so I won’t have to take a cab by myself or anything!

I signed up for the November 9 – 17 trip! So excited!

• 26 Jul 2012 baybeehcheex said

Default_avatar

hey ambtol! ill be on that tour too :)

• 26 Jul 2012 ambtol said

ambtol

Awesome! Are you travelling alone?

• 27 Jul 2012 baybeehcheex said

Default_avatar

yep im a solo traveller! Will be coming down from a europe contiki tour before hand.
    you going solo too? when will you be coming into cairo?

• 30 Jul 2012 Nazreen21 said

Nazreen21

Hi all,
    I was thinking of going in December for New years but unfortunately that does not seem feasible. So have decided to go on November 24th! Im coming from Auckland. Anyone else going please let me know. Would love to make friends prior to going. So excited! :)

• 12 Aug 2012 Marlene said

Marlene

I as well am going it alone. I bought my flight already, looks like I’ll be going through Washington D.C and Munich, Germany before Cairo. I’m glad to see a few other solos! I thought I was the only brave one (no one could afford it or get it off work). Nazreen is that Auckland, TX? I’m from Phoenix AZ. Looking forward to it as well :)

• 12 Aug 2012 Nazreen21 said

Nazreen21

Hi Marlene…I am from Auckland, New Zealand. Are you going on the 24th too?

• 13 Aug 2012 Marlene said

Marlene

Oh I thought you said you moved your dates up to Nov 9-17? I am going on that particular trip (November 9/10-17).

• 14 Aug 2012 Kathleen said

Kathleen

Hi. We are going on 24th Nov. I’ve create a FB page for people to joing before the trip. Search: Contiki Egypt and Nile November 2012

So excited about our trip – can’t wait!!!

• 14 Aug 2012 Nazreen21 said

Nazreen21

@Marlene…I meant i have moved it up from December to November…on Nov 24th :)..Kathleen thanks for starting the page. Please send me the link if you can. Would love to get to know others ho are coming in this trip too.

I am super excited about this trip too :) cant wait!!!

• 15 Aug 2012 Kathleen said

Kathleen

Here is the link :)
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/405405869507884/

• 3 Sep 2012 Niki said

Default_avatar

Hi,
    I’m thinking about going on this tour from Nov 24th as well I’m just waiting on getting my vacation days fixed from work. Do you know if I need a tourist visa if I’m travelling from the US?

• 4 Nov 2012 Svavar said

Svavar

Hi Niki,

You can get a visa at the airport: http://www.egyptianconsulate.co.uk/visas.php

• 5 Nov 2012 Ty said

Ty

Wow! There is a lot of good information in this thread! Thanks all! I will see some of you on the November 24th trip. @ Marlene – I’m surprised to see another Arizonan! I’m in Scottsdale and trying to convince friends and family that it will be safe!

• 5 Nov 2012 Marlene said

Marlene

Hey Ty, ya I asked my Contiki rep if anyone from my university was going and I guess not. It would be cool to have someone else going from my area, but it looks like you’re going the following week. I hope you have a great time, it’s coming up so quick!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.