Community_discussions_small  

Question

Is 18 too young?

28 Jan 2010 Explorer1167063 asked

Default_avatar
Is 18 too young for one of the summer tours?
Someone asked if 35 was too old and the general consensus was no. Does that mean that 18 is too young?
  • 29 Jan 2010 lizz_112 said

Default_avatar

Short answer, no!

Contiki is specifically designed for 18-35 year olds. So they wouldn’t say 18-35 unless it is suitable for 18-35s!

I believe I was the youngest girl on my tour, have turned 19 just a couple of months before. I still made friends with everyone on the tour, and the oldest girl and I became fast friends (we still keep in touch now!) There was one guy younger than me, but again he made many friends on the tour. The only thing to consider is if you feel mature enough to do the whole ‘travelling to the otherside of the world’ thing, then go for it!

I honestly knew, growing up, that before I got down to the ‘adult stuff’ i.e. moving out of home, getting a full-time career, long term relationship, yada yada yada, I knew I wanted to see the world.

Definitely do it, if you’re confident and comfortable in yourself.

• 29 Jan 2010 torz said

Default_avatar

not at all!!
    i just got back from my contiki, and we had about 5 18 year olds, and then about 5-6 19 year olds.
    Basically, we had a very young group..with our eldest person being 27!
    but in the long run, no one really cares about age, most people get along and don’t really worry about the age factor.

• 31 Jan 2010 Explorer1167063 said

Default_avatar

Thanks. I really appreciate the replies!
    I just have one more concern- are 18 yr olds allowed in bars or clubs? Would I be excluded from any social events because of my age?

• 31 Jan 2010 Meaghan said

Meaghan

You should also do a search in this forum as I have seen some other posts asking if 18 is to young.

I don’t think you will have any problems getting into clubs/pubs because of your age. I think some places even let 16 year olds in.

You will find that there will be people of all ages on your tour so I wouldn’t worry about your age or being excluded.

• 1 Feb 2010 torz said

Default_avatar

Like i said, we had alot of 18 year olds on my tour and they got let into every bar/pub!
    so you shouldn’t have a problem!!

enjoy your trip! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 1 Feb 2010 Explorer1167063 said

Default_avatar

That’s great!
    Thanks for your help!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.