Community_discussions_small  

Question

A rough cost for Flights!

13 Jul 2012 Explorer19854 asked

Default_avatar

Hey guys!

Just curious as to how much flights were for everyone to Europe. Preferably from Australia, however it'd be great to compare!

Oh and how long before your trip did you book your flights?

Cheers.

• 13 Jul 2012 RJ1817 said

RJ1817

I’m from Canada and flying from Sudbury to Heathrow cost me about $1000. From what I heard from my Aussie buddies on my tour, they seemed to have paid around $2000 give or take

• 13 Jul 2012 Clare85 said

Clare85

My flights were $1968 with Qatar for Melbourne to Athens and then London to Melbourne. Similar cost to what MEL-LON return would have been. MEL-ATH return would have been ~$1800.

• 14 Jul 2012 SHAUNA said

SHAUNA

For comparison flights from South Carolina, USA to Heathrow cost me around $850.00

• 15 Jul 2012 JMull91 said

JMull91

Costing me $2400 to fly Sydney to Heathrow return on Virgin Atlantic…

• 15 Jul 2012 Kate86 said

Default_avatar

Hello everyone, iI can’t believe how close the trip is now! I’m looking forward to meeting you. I will arrive on 1st/2nd at Potts Inn, I will. Probably head to the bar area/cafe so if anyone is about, you be great to meet.

Any other suggestions, let me know. just like to meet some people :)

Kate

• 16 Jul 2012 Bianca said

Bianca

I paid around $2000 flying from Adelaide to Amsterdam with Singapore Airlines :)

• 16 Jul 2012 BFB13 said

BFB13

Flying to Australia January 2013 just booked it last Friday. I added a one week detour to Melbourne after my trip it cost $2,534.99. Cost almost 300 bucks more than the trip haha.

• 19 Jul 2012 Explorer19854 said

Default_avatar

Thanks for responding guys, this is great!

• 19 Jul 2012 Chrissy92 said

Chrissy92

I’m flying Christmas Season, but return trip from Brisbane to London cost $2,300 leaving December 20th

• 20 Jul 2012 Jess said

Jess

Booking during a travel expo is good as well (usually Oct/Nov & Feb ask your travel agent). Return from the same destination is cheaper ie. Melb-Lon, Lon-Melb. Mine cost around $2700 but I’m flying Melb – Athens then home from Munich stopping in Phuket then Melb. You can definitely get flights much cheaper than that!

• 25 Jul 2012 jess1506 said

jess1506

Mine were about $1700 return from Melbourne, flying Royal Brunei. I don’t recommend the airline as opposed to Virgin or something else budget , but it was cheap enough. I booked just over three months before my trip.
    Definately worth checking out travel expo’s, and subscribing to airline newsletters if you have that much time in advance. My friend got hers, Perth – London return flying Ethihad airlines for $1400. AND you get 30kgs luggage as opposed to my 23, which makes a huge difference!

• 20 Aug 2012 Aaron.R said

Aaron.R

I’m flying from Adelaide to London via Singapore in a month and tickets with Singapore Air cost me approx $2600

• 5 Oct 2012 mel said

Default_avatar

I flew qantas sydney to singapore then to london after a stop over cost around $2300 that was on opening day of olympics tho on a special my travel agent found. and booked 5 months in advance. Also make sure you book a contiki that has a definite departure i got stuck with airfares and a cancelled contiki trip.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.