Community_discussions_small  

Comment

A couple of questions

28 May 2007 AmmaMan85 said

Default_avatar
Hey,

A buddy and I were going to do Europe this summer, but he had to back out for good reasons. So, now I am thinking of doing a Contiki tour solo.

I'm just wondering peoples experiences with the camping tours vs. hostel. I'm not that experienced of a camper, but did do a 5 week camping tour (Western US) when I was younger. How are the camping tours different? Do you still go out and party or just sit around a fire every night? What happens when it rains? Do we cook over the fire? Any other experiences or noteworthy things about the Camping tours.

There isnt a lot open for this summer, so I have to decide soon. One last hurrah before I join the working force.
  • 2 Jun 2007 cdm115 said

cdm115

I did the Scandi tour, which is a budge tour, but we had a supercook who did our meals. There is more work for people on the tour with setting up the cooking stuff, helping with meals, and cleaning up. We often ate meals outside in the elements (sometimes rain) and unless there were tables there we were standing up to eat.

Breakfasts were excellent, dinners ok.

• 4 Jun 2007 shopbop88 said

Default_avatar

I did a budget tour last summer of Europe and ran into a couple of camping groups. Most of the people on the camping tours were around teh age of 18 and 19. They had to set up their own tents each place they visited and dried their own dishes. I’m pretty sure they prepare their own food too with the help of a contiki staff obviously. the only downside to the camping tour is that its not as convenient to just hop off the bus and get going on some activities instead you ahve to set up your tent. The budget tours are great. the average age on my tour was probably 23. everything was taken care of and the places we stayed were pretty good. all we had to worry about carrying our luggage on and off the bus. everyone helps clean and serve the food, although its not a big deal because its only usually once or twice while on the tour…depending on how long you go for.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.