Community_discussions_small  

Question

Anyone going WW dec 17 2008?

4 Feb 2008 Bekahangel asked

Default_avatar
Hi everyone,

My name is Rebekah, but everyone calls me Bekah. I am from Elimbah, AUSTRALIA (It's about 1 hr north of brisbane). I am going on the dec 17 2008 winter wanderer with my friend Melanie. Anyone else going or thinking of this trip. I can't wait. I have been saving up for this trip since jan 2007 and i am so excited. I have always wanted to go to Europe and have never seen snow so i thought i would kill two birds with one stone. Let me know if your going on this or thinking about it. Can't wait to here from you.

Bekah.
  • 13 Aug 2008 Bekahangel said

Default_avatar

Yeah. More people. This is gonna be great. What did you study Ben?

• 14 Aug 2008 LabRat said

Default_avatar

med.lab.sci. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

17 weeks to go… Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 15 Aug 2008 dee said

Default_avatar

Geez it’ll be here before we know it.

So Ben, you a drinker? Jimmy and myself can’t wait to hit the pubs/bars/clubs around europe Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Its our favourite thing to do in Melbourne Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

• 15 Aug 2008 LabRat said

Default_avatar

LOL, so long as i can keep my eyes open Eeker<!--graemlin::eek:--> … Razzer<!--graemlin::p--> I’ll be up for everything & anything.

Melbourne? my lil’ sis works at “Uber”? there. Sounds like a good night life Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 16 Aug 2008 Amos23 said

Default_avatar

Hi Everyone!

I’m glad to see that there will be a few other Aussie’s on this tour as well. This will be my second overseas holiday and the first one my own so I am really excited to see that everyone else is just as pumped as I am!

I’m 24 and live in Brisbane, Australia. I will be finishing my uni studies at the end of November and will be leaving for a two month overseas trip with the 17/12/08 WW as the cornerstone of my tour!

I arrive in London on 5/12/08 after being in Egypt (9 days) and Greece (6 days). I’m spending the first five days in the UK doing a driving tour and then spending some time on a Contiki Great Britain tour before joining you all to see Europe! I then head to the US and Canada so its going to be a world wind trip but lots of fun! I have also never seen snow so am excited about a white Christmas. Has anyone thought about what you want to do for Christmas Day or NY’s yet? I think we’re in Vienna for NY’s so I’m definatly doing the Schnapps Museum add on that day. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Chat soon,
    Amy G

• 16 Aug 2008 dee said

Default_avatar

Hey Amy!

Finally we’re getting some more people on our trip! I arrive in London on the 14th and will be staying another 6 weeks after our tour ends. Starting to get excited now Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    Have not thought about NYE yet, whatever we do Im sure it’ll be good (and will involve lots of alcohol)

Dee

• 22 Aug 2008 Bekahangel said

Default_avatar

Hey guys,
    I just looked on the website and our tour now has a tick for preferred departure so it looks like we are definitely going. YEAH!! That takes a weight of my shoulders I was so worried I would have to pick another one.

• 14 Sep 2008 Bekahangel said

Default_avatar

My friend that I was supposed to be gonna with has just bailed!!! So I am now going on my first solo trip and am now slightly more nervous then I was before. Especially for the 4 days before and 1 week after that I will be in London.

• 15 Sep 2008 dee said

Default_avatar

You’ll be fine bekah! Im sure your not the only one going solo so dont be nervous.
    You’ll have a ball and you already know a few of us Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    Im in London for 5 weeks after the tour ends so your not alone Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 15 Sep 2008 Bekahangel said

Default_avatar

I think most of my worry has latched off my parents. They are more worried now that I am going alone and have been telling me all this stuff like trying not to go out after dark alone, stay with a group etc. I do realise that going alone has the benefit that you can do everything you want without the worry that you are going to be ditching your friend. Chris, I have already got a hop on hop off ticket to use one day in London. I am also planning to get to Bath. I was thinking of doing a day tour that does Windsor castle, Stonehenge and Bath. Only about 3 months to go now and I can’t wait. I am glad school holidays for me are next week cause I need two weeks off about now. It has been a long term.

• 15 Sep 2008 LabRat said

Default_avatar

Hey, that’s cool. Flying solo is gonna be awesome Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> I’ll be arriving in London quite late 12thDEC (Royal National Stay). Hadn’t considered day trips before… hmmm Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I’ve just been filling out forms to set up a UK bank account, they seem to love paperwork Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

• 17 Sep 2008 Stama said

Default_avatar

Hi guys!

I just requested a booking for this trip, i tried the 10th and 13th tours but they were both fully booked.
    This is pretty much a spur of the moment thing for me so i’ve still got alot to organise RE: flights, passport, winter clothes etc.
    I hope i get it all together in time!
    Im John btw, 18 will be 19 just before the tour, living and working in Adelaide. Never been overseas (unless kangaroo island counts!Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->) and im really looking forward to getting away. if everything comes together that is.
    hope to see all you guys in december!

John

• 18 Sep 2008 dee said

Default_avatar

Hey John, welcome aboard.
    Hopefully all works out for you and you join our group, we plan on doing alot of partying Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

Im Diana btw, 24 from Melb. Im studying nursing and will be travelling with my mate Jimmy. We cant wait to hit Europe.
    Will be my first time overseas too.

• 19 Sep 2008 Amy said

Default_avatar

Hi everyone, just heard today from my travel agent that our tour is now officially guarenteed – so there’s no backing out now!! Can’t wait, still have to get through Term 4 with ratty kids and petulant teenagers!! – Amy

• 19 Sep 2008 JL said

Default_avatar

Wink<!--graemlin:;)--> We’ll figure out what to do on Christmas day when we get there.

I’m sure it’s going to be awesome.

• 29 Sep 2008 W-Squared said

Default_avatar

well hello hello everybody… Wynand and Waldo here from Johannesburg South Africa. We just confirmed our booking for the 17th departure. First going to Egypt for a 9-day tour, and then off to friends in Leeds! Second time around doing this itinerary for myself(Wynand) but Waldo’s first time! Had a fab time so looking forward to the trip… Any of you on facebook??

• 29 Sep 2008 JL said

Default_avatar

Mine is

James Lee
    Company : Aviva

Wink Wink – Diana, it’s time to get on facebook.

• 30 Sep 2008 Bekahangel said

Default_avatar

I’ve just joined up. Look up Rebekah Craig

• 30 Sep 2008 ezza said

Default_avatar

Hi All

Looks like i’ll be joining you all for this trip, assuming that my request is approved. I’m 21 from Sydney, finishing up uni in November. Flying solo for the first time!! Definitely looking forward to the trip.

• 30 Sep 2008 dee said

Default_avatar

Great to meet some more people n our tour.

Sorry guys Im not on facebook, I’ll have to meet you all on the 17th Dec Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion