Community_discussions_small  

Question

People who have been on the grand southern

14 Jul 2012 beckystarss asked

beckystarss

Hi,
Me and 4 friends are looking at going on the grand southern in July 2013
I was hoping anyboday could tell me on the day you go from Panama beach to Orlando is that enough time to go to a theme park as we want to do islands of adventure that day (to see the harry potter theme park) & we want to do DIsney World on our second full day...
Can anyone help me with that?

And any other information people could tell me about this trip would be much appreciated
:) thanks

• 15 Jul 2012 jarks said

Default_avatar

Hey there,

I haven’t done the tour (yet), but I should advise you that the tour will be changing the route in February. So the Panama City Beach to Orlando day you’ll be doing is actually running Tallahassee to Orlando until February 2013. Therefore, not many people will be able to give you exact advice on how long you’ll have in Orlando on that day.

Perhaps call Contiki and ask them if they have a draft itinerary?

• 15 Jul 2012 beckystarss said

beckystarss

Oh ok thank you very much :)

• 15 Jul 2012 Carts said

Carts

Hi, I did the second half of this tour (from New Orleans to NYC) in ‘09 and we only had 1 full day in Orlando. We got in pretty late the day before, had a full day for a theme park, then left earlish the next day.
    Not sure if it’s changed since, but if not you will only be able to do one theme park unfortunately

• 15 Jul 2012 beckystarss said

beckystarss

Thank you for that, that may be ok if we can only do one we have planned a day at disneyland before the trip we were also looking at going to disneyworld but if we only have one free day in orlando we will go to islands of adventure instead… we need to see Harry lol

• 15 Jul 2012 jarks said

Default_avatar

Hahaha Becky, Harry is my priority too!

• 16 Jul 2012 beckystarss said

beckystarss

He is very important lol the other girls im going with would kill me if we didnt get to go there

• 18 Jul 2012 Bonnieemma said

Default_avatar

I did this contiki in April 2012 and on the day you leave Tallahasse we arrived in orlando around 3pm/4 ish the parks are open till 10 disney land or Universal 11pm, (from memory maybe check) and we went straight to Disney Land and we saw everything we wanted to.
    It is very much aimed at younger children, with only a couple of rides for older people,
    I definatly glad i checked it out but i recomend doing your
    Short day at disney and the full day at universal/ adventure islands because it was just amazing! So much to see and do and Harry Potter is Fabulous! A definate Highlight! I hope
    This helps! More importantly your tour will be amazing it was so much Fun!

• 18 Jul 2012 beckystarss said

beckystarss

Thank you for your help, thats what we were hoping for, we are going to do Disneyland in Anaheim so we can probably do a short day at Disneyworld then.
    Can you give me any hints or tips for the trip?

• 18 Jul 2012 beckystarss said

beckystarss

Thank you for your help, thats what we were hoping for, we are going to do Disneyland in Anaheim so we can probably do a short day at Disneyworld then.
    Can you give me any hints or tips for the trip?

• 19 Jul 2012 Bonnieemma said

Default_avatar

Not really! You get well looked after on the tour and our tour manager was very good, he always told us all our options and what would happen each day. No need to worry about a thing! You will have a blast & meet lots of great people!

• 20 Jul 2012 beckystarss said

beckystarss

Im so excited! I actually payed my deposit last night! Really looking forward to meeting new people :)

• 21 Sep 2012 Perth Traveller said

Perth Traveller

On my tour late last year / early this year we arrived early in the afternoon so we went to Disney World that afternoon night because it closed later than Universal

• 10 Oct 2012 Aussie Lo said

Aussie Lo

Which date are you departing Becky? :)

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.