Community_discussions_small  

Question

Food poisoning?

8 Feb 2007 TriAnarchy asked

Default_avatar
Ok, I'm not sure if this belongs in the advice board or here, so I'll post it here for now. I recently found out about contiki and consider booking a tour with them next year after I study abroad in Paris. I've done some research over the past few days and while most of the reviews seem very positive, however, I did find a rather negative review online. While most of the reason why the person was upset with their trip seemed very silly (she complained about things like having to get up early or that the trip was too structured), she did however say that there were 2 cases of food poisoning on her trip, while I"m certainly skeptical of this person considering of the other things she wrote and wouldn't be surprised if she exaggerated a bit, I'd still like to know if food poisoning accured on anybody else's trip?
  • 9 Feb 2007 Kylie85 said

Default_avatar

I wouldnt be overly concerned if I were you. Europe should be pretty a-ok when it comes to food preperation, storage etc as we are taking about well developed countries. Im headed to Egypt first and later on to India and South East asia… I will have a little more concert when im there.

Ofcause, as Natka said, it can happen anywhere.. even at home in your kitchen. Just always remember to wash your hands after using the bathroom, before eating and frequently when you need to (I know, I know.. obvious stuff right). Personally, I am one on those persons who prefers to prepare my own meals.. that way I know its safe etc. Ofcause, this is not always practical. Use your discression, if a place looks dodgy, skip it.

Good luck and safe travels.

• 12 Feb 2007 Tonym said

Default_avatar

Yep, absolutely right! On my tours no one issued with food poisoning…i found the food that contiki prepared very good! Couldn’t do it better myself!!

Only drink bottled water. it’s the water that can make you sick in some countries!!!

Good luck and have fun!!! Razzer<!--graemlin::p-->

• 26 Feb 2007 D* said

Default_avatar

No one on my trip had food poisoning. I wouldnt worry about it too much.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.